Fact or Fiction Single Shot 22 Pistol???

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Jae, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Jae

Jae New Member

I am looking for information on a single shot 22 pistol(believe german made) there are not any proof marks, just an etched #1 on the top of the pistol just at the back of the barrel and it loads on the top. There is what looks like 2 large round handles on both sides, connected to a large inner spring that acts as the opening for the bullet and hammer. I am not very gun literate, so if anyone knows what I'm talking about, please help. I need more information on the gun. I have heard rumors of a #2 etched single shot 22 pistol and if this is #1, I have heard that it is suppose to be priceless. Please help!!!!!
  2. Light Coat

Light Coat New Member

Sounds like a DWM piece. They produced them in the 1920's. Most of the pistols are chopped down rifles. Haven't actually seen other than altered rifles. As I recall the prices are less than lethal on any of them. I'll poke the books around and see if I can rattle some brain cells loose.
  3. Jae

Jae New Member

Thanks for the reply!!! I was told it was possibly a prototype of a pistol that was never mass produced. But was later redone and was very popular. It reminds me of a luger. What is a DWM piece? I don't know much about guns, lol. This looks like it might have been made in the 20's. I will see if I can get hold of a camera and get a pic of it. It is very different and unique. I have looked it over very carefully with a magnifiying glass and find no proof marks anywhere. Like I said the only mark I can find is a #1 etched on the top, just behind the barrel. Thanks again, any help would greatly be appreciated.
  4. Light Coat

Light Coat New Member

Pictures really handy. Hard to visualize beyond the familiar DWM. DWM was part of Mauser originally, as was Erma.
  5. ibtrukn

ibtrukn New Member

DWM ==Deutsche Waffen und Munitions
    Berlin Germany 1900-1930
    Made quite a few varieties of Lugers prior WW2
    Post a pic OR several. Take off grips look underneath 4 any marks.:cool: