Factory Rem. 700 w/20.5 in. barrel not

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by PowTex, Apr 1, 2007.

1. PowTex

PowTex New Member

mentioned in any research material I can lay my hands on. It's in 6mm with the early "bowling pin" stock finish with fancy impressed checkering, in very good condition. SN. 101485. Metal is in good condition. OA length is 39.4 in. I bought this rifle new in 1966 at the European Gun Club on Ramstein Air Force base, Germany. From a BR, this stiff little barrel will consistantly shoot MOA with various loads(if I do my part). Any opinions or information will be appreciated. Thanks....Glen
  2. berto64

berto64 Active Member

PowTex,

Welcome to TFF. Someone will be by directly with some answers soon.

While yer waiting make yerself ta home and look around. Ya might like it here.
  3. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi PowTex......welcome to TFF.

Are you sure of your barrel length? How are you measuring it?

The 700 was sold in a number of various models, in a large variety of calibers, but the only barrel lengths listed in my references are 20, 22, 24, and 26 inches.
  4. PowTex

PowTex New Member

Xracer....I bow to your better books. It measures 20 inches when correctly measured to rearmost threaded part. It is a BDL model but none of my books list a mod.700 with 20 in. barrel. Thanks for your kind help. I have a feeling it was a short production run and was curious about value...Glen
  5. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

OK, Glen.....here's the info I have from the Blue Book.

I think what you have is a Model 700BDL Custom DeLuxe rifle. One of the many calibers in which they were made was 6mm Remington. In many calibers they were available with barrel lengths of 20, 22, or 24 inches.

Blue Book value (% = amount of origial finish left):

98% - $460
    95% - $365
    90% - $300
    80% - $260
  6. PowTex

PowTex New Member

Thanks for the information. My impression was that few of the 20 in. models were made before this configeration was dropped from the line. I've never seen another in any caliber...Glen