Factory Trigger Pulls for 1911 Frames?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by buck45hd, Feb 27, 2006.

1. buck45hd

buck45hd New Member

Still somewhat new to the forums but been around the industry as long as I can remember. I love hangungs, mainly revolvers, but I do frequent the 1911 frame semi-autos partially because I just can't see myself holding anything but that polished stainless that Glocks (my least favorite weapons) don't offer. To the point, I'm in the market for a new 1911 to add to the collection but I was looking for some input. I have shot many, held many more, and researched them all online but I don't see anyone who points out the factory trigger pulls? I know they can all be reset but knowing the factory springs helps in a decision like this. The new Thompson Arms Auto Ordanance is a dandy but its hard to stray from the new Kimbers, Springfields, Smith, and Colt lines. Anybody who has some suggestions feel free and let me know what you think and what you all have shot recently!!!
  2. Country101

Country101 Active Member

Trigger pull is generally 3-5 lbs. I'm biased towards the Kimbers. I bought one almost a year ago(Gold Combat Stainless) and love it. It performs as good as better than the Wilson Combat guns and Wilson tuned guns my uncle has. I'm thinking of getting a TLE or a Compact once I can actually save up some money. If I had to get something other than a Kimber or Wilson, I'd probably go with the Springfield.
  3. buck45hd

buck45hd New Member

Thanks Country101. Kimber is actually where im leaning and am hoping to get my hands on a Stainless Gold Match II in the near future. 3.5 - 4 lbs. factory pulls and a super smooth action thats possibly the finest out there right now. Paying for it is the hard part and apparently finding one up here in the sticks is difficult too without waiting a month or more.
  4. Country101

Country101 Active Member

I ordered mine from a local sporting goods store and they had it in within a week and a half.