Fail To Fire Help....

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by gvw3, Jun 23, 2012.

1. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It's a Hawkins rifle. I think it was a combo of bad or weak cci cap's and it not being fired in a long time. I was told that all used guns at Cabela's are test fired but I don't think this one was.

I know cci is a very good co. but the cap's we got may have been old or a bad batch. Some one posted to try the mag cap so I got them and they all failed to fire. Cci is sending me new fresh cap's. I have been shooting for 50 years and never had a bad cci product. I guess I was past due.
  2. soundguy

soundguy Well-Known Member

weird. I use cci caps in all my C&B guns. I know I have caps in a dry tin that are 15ys old that still fire. odd...
  3. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

All I use anymore is Pyrodex and standard CCI caps. No problems. Glad you got it worked out.
  4. soundguy

same here.. pyrodex and #11.
  5. gvw3

I know cci is a good co. but this whole tin was bad. Not one would fire. They sent me 2 new tins and they work fine. They really stand behind there products.
  6. soundguy

might have been no fulminating compound int hem?
  7. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

That's a common problem with Remington but not CCI.
  8. soundguy

i don't think I have ever used remmy caps.. might have seen em once.. seems cci are the main stuff available here..
  9. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

I can find CCI #11 and Remington #10. No problems with CCI but my revolvers almost all use #10 so I have to check each one to see if it has compound before I put them on.
  10. gvw3

You can get both here. I will stay with cci.
  11. soundguy

cci #11 and musket caps are about the only things i see here now..