fair price for a Win 52B stock

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Jay, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Jay

Jay New Member

I've been offered a 52B stock for $125 obo , with the buttplate, trigger guard, tensioning screws, barrel band, and swivels. Seller says the stock's finish is poor, and needs to be redone. I have no idea what the value might be and would appreciate some opinions.

Thanks, Jay
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Sounds high to me.

Gunpartscorp has:

Winchester 52C
    Item No. 580220-01
    Stock, Used - Good To Very Good Condition, Oil Finish Walnut (Military), For Target Weight Barrel.
    Additional HVY ITEM charge: $1.00
    Retail Price: $53.55

I don't know if you can use a C stock on a B (or even if you'd want to).....but at least it gives you an idea of the going rate for such things.
  3. LIKTOSHOOT

LIKTOSHOOT Advanced Senior Member

You need to price the hardware, just found out my swivels on my 146B Mossy, would be $20.00 (pair) to replace and not even original.
    Has factory quick detach`s and I suspect the hardware on that Winchester is high too.

LTS