Fake C&R (FFL 03)

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by 22WRF, Aug 3, 2005.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Before I bid an auction item that is C&R I always email the seller to ask if my C&R will be accepted before I bid.

I received this from a GB seller on a old Smith 15.

If he can tell they are fakes why can't he tell they are good?

Oh well on to next one.
  2. mtnboomer

mtnboomer New Member

Oklahoma by birth. America by the grace of God.
    He's full of BS! If he can call BATFE and get ANY response he's lucky! He just doesn't want to deal with collectors. He should be avoided at all costs! :mad:
  3. Terry G

Terry G Member

This guy is some kind of fraud. A signed 03 License, is the same as any other Firearms license. For C&R qualified gun's it's all you need. I've never heard of this. Legitamate dealers can't wait to get your license on file to sell you something. Four flyers in two day's, this week. If he has your signed in ink 03 license he's covered. I agree, stay away from this guy.
  4. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

Yep, that's just a thinly veiled excuse for not wanting to sell to licensed collectors. Heck, the BATF just lightened the requirements and now allows faxed copies of licenses to be considered "verification" of licensure.
  5. raveneap

raveneap New Member

Gotta' agree - I'd stay away from thiat dealer. It's very easy to verify that you're a valid C&R holder - if he wanted to.