FAKE SCOPES warning to buyers ( buy from reputable folks only)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jack404, Mar 21, 2012.

1. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Friend of mine here brought me a scope to mount last week

box says Bushnell , but the scope is not

i just got off the phone after sending the scope to bushnell and they tell me that not only are they being cloned but Simmons, Counter Sniper systems, Leopold and other brands are being copied

i went on ebay to look at the store where the guy bought it . and sure enough they are selling BS Bushnells and others

Folks , it may seem a bargain but watch it

if it seems way cheaper than usual then its not a good sign

save yourself some grief and frustration , buy from reputable dealers only , they may not be as cheap as ebay but you know your getting the real thing and will get real support if needed

we have some great dealer here ( i'd have bought a few myself but for the shipping costs to Oz ) i suggest use them or your local folks as this way you wont be ripped off

now my mate has a dud scope , out the $60 plus shipping and still dont have a scope , ( well he will, i found him a Tasco from Tasco Australia and his dad and his brother will chip in and get it today .. but it wont be the Bushnell Dusk and Dawn he was after , but he will be shooting this weekend ..)

take care out there
  2. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

wow thanks Jack
  3. H-D

H-D Active Member

I've seen the leupold ones, someone tried to sell me one , luckily I had seen a warning like this, thanks jack
  4. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

The last few weeks I've been watching Ebay and some other auction sites for a bargain, hoping to pick up better scope than I might otherwise be able to snag for the price.

Well you just stopped me dead in my tracks Jack. Even scopes now! Is nothing sacred?

What's next? The guns themselves? I wonder if that's really my cat on the porch. I was focusing on low mileage used oned mostly, hoping to find the guy who just upgraded and wants to recoup a few bucks by selling his old one. Now yet another risk added to the mix, maybe he needs to recoup some money lost on this fake!
    Now I'm glad I got outbid on that Bushnell! Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sticking with a trust worthy dealer.
  5. H-D

H-D Active Member

You might try the wtb section of the forum someone has one laying around
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

sorry Fuzebox , but rather pour cold water on you than see you ripped off ,

both Cameraland and slickguns had some really good deals the past few weeks

and when a nitrogen chamber costs over a million to make ( the repair centre here just installed one to service scopes here and i know the guy ) there aint no such thing as cheap quality
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  7. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Thanks, I'll check'm out.
  8. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Yeah Im looking for a new scope for my new Savage, Thanks Jack for letting us know.
  9. NEILT

NEILT New Member