Falls from tree stand

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by mrkirker, Dec 21, 2009.

1. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Beer-drinking deer hunter falls from tree stand
    By News Sentinel staff

Monday, December 21, 2009

DANDRIDGE - A hunter drinking beer fell from a tree stand in Jefferson County and is in the hospital with series internal injuries, according to the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency.

Billy Mitchum, 47, of Dandridge fell from the ladder stand about 5:30 p.m. Saturday.

He was hunting on private land in the Harold Patterson Road area on the opening day of Tennessee's second segment of gun season for deer, the TWRA said in a press release today.

A landowner found Mitchum about 8 p.m. after he did not return from the hunt after dark. he was not wearing a fall restraint system, according to the TWRA.

Mitchum told officers he wasn't wearing the system because there was a safety bard around the stand.

He also told officers he had consumed about four beers.

Mitchum was flown by Lifestart helicopter to the University of Tennessee Medical Center.

The TWRA is continuing to investigate the accident.
  2. Insulation Tim

Insulation Tim Active Member

Ya gotta love a HIGH POWERED RIFLE AND A COOLER FULL OF BEER.

The Darwin List once again.
  3. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    it is idiots like this that give hunters a bad name.maybe when he is in the hospital they can remove some of the red from the back of his neck old semperfi
  4. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

You want to hunt, hunt and you want to drink then drink but not at the same time. Drinking and firearms are mutually exclusive to me.

As to the guy that fell I hope he's not badly hurt but I have no sympathy for him.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  5. jim summers

jim summers Active Member

I reside in southern Indiana, you can almost step
    What an idiot
  6. 308 at my gate

308 at my gate New Member

Have you ever looked at someone or had a conversation with someone and wondered how they make it from day to day. This is another one that has me wondering.