Family of murdered Border Patrol agent files $25M claim against ATF Read more: http:

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by RunningOnMT, Feb 2, 2012.

1. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Family of murdered Border Patrol agent files $25M claim against ATF

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...t-files-25m-suit-against-atf/?intcmp=trending

The family of murdered Border Patrol agent Brian Terry has filed a $25 million wrongful death claim against the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives claiming Terry was killed with AK-47s that were knowingly sold under the Fast and Furious gunrunning probe to a straw purchaser for drug cartels.
    In a 65-page complaint, served on the government on Wednesday, attorneys for the family claim ATF "wrongdoing" in Operation Fast and Furious.
    “ATF's failures were not only negligent but in violation of ATF's own policies and procedures," the complaint claims.

The family has also filed a claim against the Lone Wolf Trading Company seeking unspecified damages for negligence in selling the weapons to the purchaser and aiding and abetting in Mexican drug cartels’ conduct.
    The claim says Lone Wolf knowingly sold "hundreds of weapons" to various straw purchasers and in turn realized "hundreds of thousands of dollars in profits from these sales."
    The claim alleges that "but for defendants' negligent and illegal sales ... Brian Terry would not have been murdered in the Arizona desert on Dec. 14, 2010."
    The family is seeking a jury trial.
    The government now has six months to respond or the Terry family will file a suit for the $25 million.
    According to the claim, agent Terry was patrolling near Rio Rico on the night of Dec. 14, 2010 when he was shot and killed by criminals yielding assault rifles. Those rifles were traced to a straw purchaser for Mexican drug cartels in Arizona who the ATF knew about and allowed to deliver the weapons to the cartels.
    “The murder of agent Terry and other acts of violent crimes were the natural consequence of ATF's decision to let dangerous weapons designed to kill human beings 'walk' into the hands of violent drug-trafficking gangs,” the complaint reads.
    The claim also contends that the circumstances that led to Terry’s murder were not isolated events, but rather there were thousands of guns purchased under occasional ATF surveillance with no way of tracking all the weapons from straw purchases.
    In a second claim filed against Lone Wolf Trading Company, the Terrys say the company should have recognized the illegal and risky nature of the purchases, but it instead ignored its legal obligation under federal and state law to refuse illegal firearm sales.
    The company was not only aware that the purchases were illegal and part of the Fast and Furious operation, but it also knew the ATF did not arrest the purchasers and let the straw buyers continue to make illegal buys, according to the claim.
    Both the ATF and Lone Wolf were unavailable for comment on Wednesday.
    The family stated in their claim against the ATF that Christmas 2010 was to be the first the family was to spend together in three years because of Brian’s ATF duties. Brian was killed two days before he was to fly home to Michigan.
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Re: Family of murdered Border Patrol agent files $25M claim against ATF Read more: h

Prayers for justice to his family
    Prayers for justice for those responsible too
  3. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Re: Family of murdered Border Patrol agent files $25M claim against ATF Read more: h

Amen
  4. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

I think they are gona go behind closed doors and attempt to pay it in return for slience. I hope the family isn't looking for the money. I hope they are in this to hang someone, all of em.
  5. mranum

mranum Member

My thoughts as well. The family of the agent deserves justice, as do all those innocents killed with those gun whether from here in the US or Mexico. I don't think the general public really understands the seriousness of what those idiots did, if they did I think there would be more noise for justice to be served on those higher up the food chain.
  6. dons2346

dons2346 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I don't think the family is suing for the money. Bozo and his clowns have been trying to sweep it under the carpet but with a lawsuit, it will stay in the limelight for awhile. I would have asked for at least $100mil just to get their attention.
  7. savage170

savage170 Member

The BATF doesn't care how much money it will take for this to go away that is the easy way out for them. They get their money from us the tax payer
  8. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin

Need a good honest conservative constitution upholding judge to hear this case and blue collar workers who were police or military to serve on the jury. BATFE attorneys would never stand for that but its what is needed. I don't care if there is only $1 plus legal expenses awarded as long as names are named, responsibility assigned and criminal charges filed after the civil trial is over.
  9. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

You know now that i think about it they should have come up with the number of 6.5 trillion. That would be fitting. I would also sue the mexican govt and all the people of mexico. why not they do it to us?
  10. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Back when this F&F story was first released, Calderon expressed " outrage ", once.
  11. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

Attached Files: