Fannie pack holster question ????

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Deacon_Man, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

Can anyone here tell me if it is leagal to use a fannie pack holster out in open sight. I bought a Taurus .380 and it came with a fannie pack holster. I live down here in Wonderfull Texas and can't find anything regarding this kind of holster.
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Fanny packs are leagal. TX law requires that you conceal the pistol, and a fanny pack does just that. I have used them in the past, and they are a handy way to carry, but a little slower to get to than hip carry. Fanny pack carry is refered to as "Off Body" carry, and that is another reason I stopped using the fanny pack. The bad guy (BG) comes up from behind, and cuts the strap, and runns. He now has your fanny pack, and everything you have in it, gun, and all. It is legal though.
  3. terryu1

terryu1 Armed Infidel Supporting Member

Excellent synopsis Carver!!
  4. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

I use one sometimes, they work ok.
  5. carver

carver Moderator

This is the one I own, it has the YKK siper that allows you to just pull on the pack to open it. Faster than a zipper, or a zipper with the pull tabs, but still it has the same problem as all other fanny packs in that it can be taken from you really fast. http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/ProductDetail.aspx?c=2817&p=SA 20015
  6. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

doesn't a man wearing a fanny pack scream concealed carry?
  7. carver

carver Moderator

Take a walk thru a shopping center, like the mall. You might find several men wearing fanny packs. Then take a trip to the nearest beach! However, when I see anyone wearing a fanny pack, I have to think that there might be a gun in it. But, maybe not.
  8. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

Carver, My fanny pack holister has two magnet snaps, just lift the flap. It also has two open slots in the bottom where you place your fingers and pop the gun right out when needed.
    Thanks to all for your comments.......
  9. Clipper

Clipper Active Member

I bought a Fanny Pack at a gun show some time back, thought about using it for carry, but decided, like Carver, that it is too easy to lose. IWB for my Titan .45, pocket for the snub .357 or pocket for the 9mm derringer, don't leave home without it.
  10. skyfire1

skyfire1 New Member

I have a cheap one I got online, works but I feel like everyone is looking at me or it. Perfer IWB.
  11. Porkbutt

Porkbutt New Member

A fanny pack is handy when riding a motorcycle, other than that, an inside the belt holster works well.
  12. reynolds357

reynolds357 Former Guest

Just being honest, to me they scream homo.
  13. Boris

Boris Former Guest

Wheres the like button?

That made my day.
  14. Boris

Boris Former Guest

Carver

Beach carry is a tough one for me. Off body carry and I leave it with the flip flops and towels. Don't want some kid snatching my gun then playing with it.

I just pocket carry and clean it real good when I get home. The P32 functions great with the little bit of sand that does get in it so I don't worry about that too much.
  15. Caneman

Caneman Active Member

:yeahthat: :lmao2: