Fantastic article with questions on the Colorado shooting...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by graehaven, Jul 23, 2012.

1. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

http://lewrockwell.com/adams-m/adams-m21.1.html

How can a lone gunman fire off at least 100 rounds in a crowded theater full of people and have NOBODY fight back, shoot back or attempt to tackle him?

The guy literally walked in, tossed a couple of smoke bombs, started shooting everybody in sight, and for some reason that remains entire unexplained, they let him do it. When he finished, he walked out the door and calmly surrendered to police, mission accomplished. He was never shot at, stabbed, kicked, punched, tripped or attacked in any way whatsoever, apparently.

(excerpt)
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

hold on ..

i seen that many times ,

yes at times there is one or two , and then others see and take heart and also counter , it needs only 1

but if there is not one

The flash Pop of a smoker going off , then the smoke , then gun fire , and NO GUN ON YOU ...

your with your wife , your kids , your GF , you get them out the way first yeah? most do

its not everyone who can or will fight back in that

darkness and weird stuff totally freaks 90% of folks out , add gunfire and people being blown away next to you , things change , you gotta be in those things to say , and i wasn't , but seen similar ,
  3. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    i think both of you are correct. I can't speak for anyone else, but I know what I would have done! It might have cost me my life, but the seconds the shooter spent trying to stop me from stopping him would have saved at least one other life, maybe more!
  4. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

If i had a gun on me i would shoot back if, IF IF IF i could get a good bead on the guy. Lots of people and cahos going on.

If i did not have a gun i would simply hit the ground for cover behind chairs.

The perp has the advantage. Anyone attempting to charge him will be met with bullets. Very hard for a human to do this without training. Recall d-day. Charge up the hill and get mowed down. These men were trained to follow orders.

But i see your point and often wondered how those Jews just walked into those ovens on their own.
  5. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

I think the majority of people would fight back if they had a way to do so. Like i said in my eariler post, it is tuff for people to run into flying bullets. But if the theater had 50 people all armed with 1911's and they shot back the story would be much different. Yea he had on body armor but he would have been disrupted and maybe someone would have gotten in a head shot.
  6. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

look anything can be a weapon or a distraction , a hand full of coins even ,

yes the dark and noise works both ways if you have your witts , a pen in the throat will stop him if you can get behind him ( masks have narrow sight panes ... )

lots a ifs .. hey if the front 2 rows where mainly women kids ( students ) and they swarmed back , how do you get forward ??
  7. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

I have a question about the "Gun Free" theater.

Was this a Gun Free Zone, by Colorado Statute or was this theater gun free by simply posting a sign at the door by the Owners?
  8. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    In some states it makes no difference, as their laws dictate that if the store/shop/theater have posted a no firearms sign, then it's the law.
  9. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

My point is, who declared it a Gun Free zone, the state or the theater itself.
  10. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

steve , good question , state sue them .. theatre .. ditto

the nut was bad ,

that none could stop him 20 times worse ,
  11. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

would any crazy

really do anything like this is he knew half the people in the room would be armed ??

gun carry should not be just a right but mandatory for non felon folks ( i do believe violent criminals should lose some rights when they transgress, but should be allowed to redeem themselves in time and deed )
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  12. mintaka

mintaka New Member

After spending time outdoors without ear protection while plinking, I can't imagine the noise level indoors in the theater scenario....I'm sure many had their fingers in their ears, a tough situation to fight with...
    Armchair quarterbacking in the said situation is easier for sure than being there...
    One of the guys who tackled the Tucson shooter was armed, yet used his body to neutralize the threat....hey you really never know...
  13. Hammerslagger

Hammerslagger New Member

For the last few years the English Language post Soviet Russian news service RT (aka Правда; Pravda) has been calling us the "American Sheeple"; more docile and easier to control than the oppressed Russian people ever were at the height of CCCP communist tyranny.

As mentioned in a previous thread, on the FL Internet Cafe armed robbery and subsequent gunfight, for more than 40 years the American government, news media, and educational system have been brainwashing Americans to "never resist or fight back". Martial sports like Boxing and Marksmanship have been mostly banned from our high schools.

Today, most Americans honestly do not understand the concept that when you are threatened or assaulted, you best course of action is to attack, as soon as possible, with all force at your disposal.
  14. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

fastest way outta a ambush is through it ...
  15. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

16. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Well-Known Member

At least someone did something.
  17. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

18. steve4102

steve4102 Former Guest

After reading your other post I would have to say that the "Company" had nothing to do with it as the Entire city is a Gun Free Zone. The theater and the city are Gun free by City Statute.

I was going to say that here in MN a business has certain criteria that must be followed to "Ban" firearms, it cannot just be Corp policy. A sign must be posted at each and every entrance, be 187 sq inches, 1 1/2 inch Black Arial letters, Bright contrasting background and must say exactly (Business name) Bans Guns in These Premises.
    Walking past a legally posted sign is not a crime, the property holder must ask you to leave the premises. You must leave immediately, failure to do so will get you a $25 Petty Misdemeanor for trespassing. Firearm cannot be confiscated. It's akin to walking barefoot past a sign that says, No Shoes No Shirt No Service.

Cities and townships cannot post or ban firearms or firearms carry. Not even on city property.

[​IMG]