farewell to Arms

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Nortranman, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Nortranman

Nortranman New Member

OK, so I've whined about my Llama for months now. I found a replacement barrel but still had jams. Tried lightening the trigger and still had a overly hard pull. I surrender.
    Yesterday I happened to be near a gun counter(fancy that!) and broke down and replaced the whole pistol. I am off to the range with a brand new Ruger P-90. It must be the great (many times over) grandchild of the 1911.
    Just couldn't resist it. Many thanks to KSSwamprat for all the help during all the breakdowns with the Llama. But I think I have a good use for it. I need a boat anchor.
  2. Llamas work quite well for that purpose, Nort, not to mention they function well as door stops. :eek:

I predict you will love that Ruger, Nort. All kidding aside, sometimes the only real solution to a problem like yours is to cut your losses and start over. Most of us have been there at one time or another. Best of luck with the new pistol!
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

I see you finally fixed your problem Llama, the right way.
    You should like the P-90, let us know.
  4. Nortranman

Nortranman New Member

It is several hours later and I have baptized my new P90. After the Llama it is kind of like going from a Ford Pinto to a Corvette. I wish I had made the move years ago. The new Ruger was everything I could ask for; great balance, absolutely sweet trigger pull; it even ejected the whole magazine full of empties in about a one foot circle. Will take a little while to get used to the new piece but I am really impressed.