The Firearms Forum banner

Favorite 22 rifle???

17K views 73 replies 53 participants last post by  waveski 
#1 ·
What is your favorite 22 rifle? Mine is the Winchester Model 1906, this has been in our family for over 70 years. It is a great shooter for all ages.

See less See more
#68 ·
DD, that's a purty 552! One of those is on my wishlist someday.

I don't have a picture of it but grandpa's 572 is in our stable now. That's mom's favorite .22.
She used to have a Rem 550A that also was a floating chamber multi-caliber like the 552. Lost that when my shop burned down so the 572 replaced it after grandpa died.

My favorite is my 77/22 stainless with the billboard stock. Dangit...I gotta break the camera out and take new pics again. :)

#69 ·
Now that I've finished relining it and taking it out to the quarry that serves for a range I'm getting quite fond of this old thing, She isn't quite finished yet but she shoots well and it's a lot of fun. It's a Hopkins and Allen 922 medium frame with 28 inch barrel circa mid 1890's

The Grand kids like it and grampa likes that he can hand out one bullet at a time while the kids learn safe gun handling.
Gun Shotgun

#72 ·
My first rifle was a Winchester Model 72 bolt action .22 cal. I loved that gun and still have it and have kept it in excellent condition. Winchester made thousands of them, but they were still well made and very accurate by the standards set by a 12 year old boy

#73 ·
My "favorite" has to be the Winchester 62A and that is only because it is the only firearm my Dad ever owned.

During WWII he kept us in meat for the table with that old pump action .22LR. I own many .22's but it is my favorite..........

Reactions: joe45c
#74 ·
My choice is easy - My father's squirrel rifle , a Stevens 87M. The 87M represented Stevens' hope of producing and selling to the military a .22 rifle with a bulked up fore end to serve as an M1 Garand trainer. If my info is correct there was no military contract , and production of this beautiful .22 numbered less than 1,000. Mine sports an authentic M1 sling. Unfortunately , the original peep sight is long gone ; I replaced it with a Williams peep. The action is interesting in that the bolt will not cycle forward until the trigger is released , resulting in a distinctive "Ka - Chunk" sound in each cycle.

I love this rifle.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.