Favorite gun magazine

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Appliancedude, Oct 1, 2012.

1. DixieLandMan

DixieLandMan Member

American Rifleman and Guns and Ammo.
  2. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

going to have to look into that one.
  3. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

American Rifleman obviously with my life membership but also, Shooting times and Guns & Ammo (they're like 60 cents/issue, can't turn that down!) and I do like the handgunner magazine quite a bit, I will pick it up if I see something good in there that issue.

Handloader is probably one of my favorites though, I still don't have a subscription for some reason, I buy it off the shelf about every other issue or so. good reminder to get signed up for that.

Also signed up for shotgun news again last week, it's pretty cheap.

mainly I get them to keep up on the new stuff coming out and to drool over things I can't afford...

how bout MidwayUSA flyers, they come about every other day it seems! and their catalog every year along with Brownells annually.

Every time I go shoot, I round up a bunch of old ones (I save the riflemans) to test out rounds for penetration. Set them inside a box and fire away at it. so they have dual purposes!

or you could use them to line your walls with inside, they make good cover.......

and they're fun to leave in the crappers or coffee tables of places you know don't appreciate guns, hahaa! done that on occasion... rip your address off and leave 'em in a waiting room, barber shop or whatever.
  4. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

American Rifleman and Muzzle Blasts from the NRA and NMLRA I get every month...

I keep saying I need to subscribe to G&A and Backwoodsman (I know, not REALLY a gun mag but good stuff with gun stuff in every issue) I have been saying for the last two years I need to subscribe to...

Shotgun News I used to get, but let it slide....the once a month issues with the good articles were good, but the other two every month were about the same...

Rifle Shooter and Handloader I buy occasionally when I am on the road and need something to read at dinner when I forget a book...

But when I DO forget a book, I end up almost starving at the mag rack at Borders or Barnes and Nobles deciding WHICH mag to buy...every ONE seems to have at least one article I WANT to read....and $5 a pop minimum is a lot to spend for ONE article....
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  5. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Every time I think about subscribing to the Backwoodsman, I remember that they don't have a copy editor. In almost every issue, there is at least one article with a part that is so screwy that you don't even know what the author is trying to say in that paragraph. I don't know if its the writers submitting stuff like that or errors in transfer, but it drives me nuts.

If you want my money, you have to put out a professional product. And that's not what the Backwoodsman is. Everyone gets their own opinion, but only my opinion counts for my dollars.
  6. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Active Member

I like backwoodsman too. Never thought about using old mags as targets. hhhhmmmmmm Range lead? what a way to recycle