Favorite Gun

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by johnlives4christ, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Jay

Jay New Member

Thank you.....
  2. Sooner1911

Sooner1911 New Member

Handgun Kimber Grand Raptor II. My S&W 1911 shoots as well, but the Grand Raptor has the looks that I just love.

Rifle, discounting all of my dad's old guns that I love for sentimental reasons, my Weatherby Mark V in 300 Wby mag. Wanted one the first time I saw one and finally had the bucks. Smooth as silk and locks up like a bank vault and the wood and high polished blue just do it for me.

But I got to say that I really love Jay's Python. Makes my enick Trooper III look like a poor country cousin.
  3. lucky-gunner

lucky-gunner New Member

This seems to be taking a very revolver lean. I like!

My favorite handgun is my S&W 19-3. It has the smoothest trigger of revolver I own. I carry it quite often and it never misses a range trip.

It's also my newest revolver so that probably has quite a bit to do with it. :)
  4. Juker

Juker New Member

John, you absolutely have the gift of posting interesting questions!

Favorite gun... Sentimental favorite? One we'd never trade or sell? Most reliable? Most enjoyable?

Hmmm. Still the 1911 Colt .45 Govt Model. You've already seen it, but here 'tis again.

Attached Files:

• 45.jpg
      45.jpg
      File size:
      183.5 KB
      Views:
  5. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

nice juker... real nice. i've owned several 1911s and desire another.... which will become my favorite after i carry it a tad.
  6. JetGirl

JetGirl Member

JetPrints and all? :D
  7. djjoshuad

djjoshuad New Member

my favorite varies on the "for what" part of the question :). Overall it has to be my Beretta PX4 storm 9mm. 17rd mags, rotating barrel, lightweight poly frame, and really easy to break down and clean. It is my main target practice gun and has never let me down. That said, for a truck gun the Taurus Model 83 I just picked up is pretty great. Cheap, accurate, and reliable. My Sig P226R .357 is also an awesome gun, and I think if I could only have one handgun, it would be this one. Soooo I guess I can't narrow it down :)
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  8. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Active Member

:)This taurus 941 is my favorite gun.Iv'e become a real 22-magnum fan.It's loud and powerful.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  9. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    Mine would be my go to gun, and the one I carry all the time. It started life as a Norinco copy of the Colt 1911A, and then went thru some changes at the hands of the Great Jim Clark. I've had it for well over 20 years, and it is still as accurate today as it was when Jim shot it for a proof target!

Attached Files:

10. Inthewind1976

Inthewind1976 Member

Hmmmm.......I guess first and foremost, it would be my Thompson Auto Ord 1911-a1, purchased from a LEO friend, who passed away a few years ago, and worked over by ANOTHER LEO friend, who has also gone beyond. The original owner (an FFL as well as LEO) just flat out didnt like it, and switched to an IMI Baby Eagle .41 AE, sold it to me CHEAP, and I was quick to find that it wouldnt feed ANYTHING but Ball. I gave it to the second guy, along with a Nam era GI barrel, and he throated it, polished the feed ramp, added a long link, fitted a match bushing and made some SERIOUS improvements to the trigger. After I got it back, I added a full length rod and shok-buff, a flat mainspring housing, and a pair of really neat looking smooth grips with hand hammered inlaid brass wire. It now feeds ANYTHING, even upside down, holds an amazingly tight group, and contains any one of a number of McCormick 8shot shooting stars, in "black stainless" that McCormick originally released to us govt/LE at an unbelievably cheap price, probably 20 year ago for what I guess was a "preproduction shake down run." Its been my go to gun for most of those 20 years.
  11. Rogervzv

Rogervzv New Member

Yes, that about sums it up.

Or maybe, the last one that I brought home is always my favorite.

[​IMG]
  12. djjoshuad

djjoshuad New Member

QFT - the newest toy usually gets the most love :)
  13. American Leader

American Leader Active Member

Ditto JLA, 1911 guy, but I do have way more wheel guns? Like'em all!