favorite hand gun

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by gman51, Nov 13, 2012.

1. gman51

gman51 New Member

Of the handguns you own what is your favorite first and second choice and why?
    1st- Kimber ultra carry II .45 -fit in hand is great,conceals super easy & only 30 OZ loaded, fine quality,accurate and 1911 style, under $800 new for top line gun,exceptional fit no slop, trigger is great, .45 one shot persuader. Big Bang every time.
    2nd- Ruger SR40C bi tone - Very reliable never failed to fire, easy conceal 28 OZ loaded, accurate, good hand fit, recoil is decent, good looking, easy break down for cleaning,ambi safety, machine fit very good no slop, nice trigger, $405 new just can't beat the value IMO.
    Actually it is a toss up between these two and I carry the Ruger more often. Best bang for the buck I would have to say hands down the Ruger. For that price I do not think anything can touch it. It has never failed me in any way right out of the box.

Like I said in thread- your favorite of your guns. Flames are only good coming out the end of guns not mouths.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  2. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    My Jim Clark Custom Norinco 1911A is my favorite, and the one I cary. Started out as a $300 gun, with almost $900 worth of work done to it. Coming in a strong second would have to by my Bull Dog in .44spcl. Ballistically speaking, it's the same as the .45.

Attached Files:

3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

First would be my CZ75 CWC that I converted to limited minor and SA only. It fits so well in my hands. I say hands bc it one of the few that I can shoot strong and weak hand consistently. 3lb flat trigger, always feeds, never a problem.
    Second would be my newest purchase and proving to be one of the best decisions I ever made to by. STI GP6. Rotary barrel lock, extremely consistent, will shoot two of the same holes. Its a DA SA but the trigger reset in SA is like a tuned 1911, very little trigger movement. Out of the box the trigger broke at 5lbs, now it too is at 3lbs.
    I have to say Gman, I too have a Ruger SR. its a SR9c and its a great gun. Very accurate. I put a ghost connector in mine and the trigger improved very much. Its my daily carry gun now.

Attached Files:

4. DeeDubya

DeeDubya Member

5. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

My favorite would be my 625, Model of 1988, 45 ACP HE.

[​IMG]

All the others are tied for second.
  6. Grapevinebill

Grapevinebill New Member

The first in line is my original Beretta 92FS. This gun is at the top of this list probably because of the way it looks after some of the modifications I made. In its original state she was all black and I updated all the slide controls, hammer, barrel, grips screws, trigger, lanyard loop and mag base plate to stainless and added some custom aluminum grips.

[​IMG]

After that would be my Beretta 96. Probably because of the way it shoots. For some reason this gun makes me look like a great shot.

[​IMG]
  7. ka64

ka64 Well-Known Member

Hand assembled Colt......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member

That's a tough one to pick just one favorite but I guess this one fits.

Attached Files:

9. MSGT-R

MSGT-R Active Member

Not my picture, I'm at work:

I like my Sterling 380; like a 45 but easier to conceal carry for small people. Simpler than my Bersa. Double action.

[​IMG]