Favorite hot sauce

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Appliancedude, Oct 25, 2012.

1. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

Franks wing sauce is hot enough for me
  2. mjp28

mjp28 Well-Known Member

Frank's original Louisana Red Hot sauce - good on chips, pork rinds, etc. and an occasional slug right out of the bottle, oh yeah GOOD.

Original Tabasco - my favorite on hot dogs with yellow mustard and sauerkraut, :p mmmm. Sometimes hot dogs and onions. Also like it on pasta dishes like Fettuchini Alfredo. :)

Tabasco Habenaro - marked extra hot right on the box and bottle, for extra zip.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  3. time2shoot

time2shoot Active Member

biscuts and gravy, hashbrowns with onions and munster cheess,
    And eggs over easy.
    All with some Tabasco.

off to the kitchen.
  4. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Active Member Supporting Member

5. Appliancedude

Appliancedude Active Member

Come on Highboy we're waiting. Its ok, you can admit spicy brown mustard is the hottest you can handle. We wont laugh at you. really we wont :rolleyes:
  6. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I keep a dozen or so different ones on hand for different uses, but my #1 favorite all-around is El Yucateco Chipotle. Not uncofortably hot in small doses, but a wonderful smoky chipotle flavor to it.
    For me, a hot sauce that is JUST hot without adding any flavor is useless.
  7. mesinge2

mesinge2 Member

I like Tijuana Flats Insanity Sauce myself. I bought a pack of sauces from them and that was my favorite of the group.

[​IMG]
  8. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I do like a few but tobasco is still my favorite.
  9. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

Mine is tabasco sause. Good for fish, and chicken wings also numerous other foods i like such as bacon and eggs.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  10. Appliancedude

I like to add a couple dash's of Tabasco to ketchup too
  11. gun runner

gun runner Former Guest

I bought a brand new bottle of original tabasco sauce today, I ran out the other day. I used it on some crispy taco's. That stuff is good :)
  12. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Oh, this is war I tell you, WAR!!!
  13. vytoland

vytoland New Member

tabasco....the only one i like
  14. Appliancedude

And yet he still wont answer the question. Hmmmm something fishy going on here:D Ok so maybe spicy brown mustard is to hot for ya. what is it then spicy ranch?:D
  15. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    No Sriracha but I am in the process of using a lot of Dave's Insanity Sauce at the moment, the other two I use depending on what I am eating. I keep a fair size variety of Cajun, Mexican, Indian and Asian sauces, salsas and peppers on hand. My ex wifes cousin the big tough body building marine learned not to eat pizza the way this old sailor did. What was medium mild to me was insanely hot to his Irish palate. I never in my life ever seen anybody go over backwards in his chair before while sober.
  16. Crpdeth

Crpdeth New Member

How are you growing them? From seed? So far I have only ordered the Scorpion in sauce form, online, but would love to grow my own...

Just goes to prove what I've always said... Breathing fire isan't a "tough guy" thing, but more of a taste preference.
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  17. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

This is the same guy who threw up when I fed him frog legs. I make my own dip with coarse ground horseradish, lemon, chili sauce and Worcestershire. He wisely declined my dipping sauce. He ate one leg, turned green and it was off to the throne room. Said he kept thinking about a little one legged frog hopping around inside his belly and it made him queasy.

My brother in law held his down but he was awful white under that red hair, he liked his frog leg but the sauce was a bit much for him. It baffles me because I didn't consider it hot, just spicy with a nice tangy bite.
  18. Appliancedude

I like hot, but its got to have flavor too. I wont eat hot just for hot sake. My butt would hate me the next day. I went to a chilli cook off once and ate some tasty chilli. But one was so damned hot you couldn't taste anything. Whats the point? To show how manly you are? Nope, not for me. I already know how manly I am. Now temper that hot chilli with some flavor and now we have something.

I've never had frogs legs. I heard they taste like chicken though. True or not?
  19. Old Grump

Old Grump New Member

Not true and snake don't taste like chicken and alligator don't taste like chicken. Come to think of it the factory produced chicken we get in the store today don't really taste like real chicken. Us old codgers who grew up on small farms are used to eating range chicken who ate bugs and seeds in the yard or pasture and not just a commercial feed mix laced with vitamins, hormones and antibiotics.
  20. targetacqmgt

targetacqmgt New Member

Wasabe horseradish