favorite itty bitty gun?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by focusmaniaczx3, Jan 27, 2011.

1. berto64

berto64 Active Member

My favorite itty bitty is a Colt JR. in .25cal. Invisible in the pocket and inside a room it's as loud as a 45. Shot placement counts.
  2. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Springfield EMP. Small, concealable, tough, powerful.
  3. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

i had one of those for a while. i bought it off a buddy. it was unfired. i ended up firing it. was pretty neat. i ended up wanting more tactical guns and swapped it off
  4. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I carry the LCP as BUG and/or Ruger LCR and Springfielf EMP. The EMP is a bit on the heavy side but if you wear cargo shorts or pants it works good in those big pockets.
  5. chrislind2

chrislind2 New Member

My new Sig P238 .380 is nice, but my S&W 360 .38/357 5 shot revolver is amazingly accurate. The Sig is easier to shoot, the S&W trys to take off your fingers.
  6. lucky-gunner

lucky-gunner New Member

My favorite of all the micro pistols I've shot was either the Rohrbaugh 9mm or the micro eagle (Kelvin) pistol. Rohrbaugh is a little pricey for me to buy myself and the Kelvin was but the price has come down on those quite a bit.

I own a LCP so I'll say it's my favorite. I should say I did own a LCP but the wife found it and now I'm on the hunt for another summer pocket carry pistol....probably go with the bodyguard this time.
  7. rjgnwdc

rjgnwdc New Member

I like my little Bersa Thunder .380 ain't she cute

[​IMG]
  8. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

Kel-tec .380 works great for me. It was the first one available when I was looking to get it, and the trade deal was good, so it was hard to turn down. It's been reliable with ball ammo and Fiocchi HPs, so it works for me.

Honestly, if the example you're holding is reliable, the Kel-tec, Ruger, Diamond Back, and S&W aren't much different.
    The CZ that JLA suggested is good, but it's bigger than the others. For that size, there are several single-stack 9mm pistols available.
    The SIG is the same as the old Colt Mustang, and I really wish I could afford one of those. One of those two would be probably the only thing I'd trade my Kel-tec for (or toward, really). But they're a bit beyond your $350 price range. Naturally.
  9. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

any chance you could give me more info on the CZ83? dont know alot about that one and since its been suggested multiple times i would like to hear more about it. im going to do a google look up for some specs and what not but that cant beat first hand info from people who have owned fired, carried, torn down, and put them back together again.

i would prefer having at least a 9mm. im just not that big a fan of carrying a BB gun. either give me a decent lead chucker to carry or ill just pick up a stick if i need to. i know that comment will probably cause me to need to put on a flame suit but its my personal opinion. so the cz83 is looking decent but isnt it still a pretty heavy gun? and doesnt keltec have that super compact 9mm too? cant remember what it was, crap, here we go to the internet search engine again.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  10. focusmaniaczx3

focusmaniaczx3 Member

PF-9 duh! why hasnt anyone suggested the pf-9? just curious... are there problems with those or something?
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  11. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-83/

This link will get you all the info on the CZ that you will want.

I don't think anyone armed with the little semi-autos in 32 to 380 are defenseless, but give me something will go bang when I pull the trigger, every time. No jams, just bang. I know that a five shot revolver has fewer shots in it than the little semi's, but the bullets fired from the old .38 have a lot more knock down power, thus requiring fewer shots to stop a BG. And that is why I carry a .38 as a BUG.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/849728/posts
  12. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Moderator

I've never fired one. I have a friend who had one for a while, and he did not like it. Got rid of it pretty quickly.

I don't know what the issue was... maybe he just didn't get through the "break in" period? Most of his other handguns were used Rugers, so they're not exactly what you would call finicky or ammo sensitive.

If you're looking for a tiny 9mm, take a look at this: http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=70&productid=307
    It's not available yet, so I haven't even seen one in person. It's smaller than the Keltec and the comparable Ruger, though. Worth at least looking into.
  13. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
  14. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

My favorite itty-bitty weapon if the Baby Browning .25 calibre. I also lean toward the Colt Mustang in ,380 calibre. Both are no longer made but do turn up on auction sites and in pawn shops. Either in good condition will be expensive but couldn't be beat as a back-up. We had a chance to buy a like-new Mustang several years ago for $300.00 at a gun show when SoMo was looking for a good CCW. She opted for a Smith mini-1911 style .45acp. We passed it up and have regretted it ever since. Was one giant mistake.

I had a Baby Browning that I carried daily as a back-up, which was stolen during a break-in back in the early nineties.
  15. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Gotta be the Sig P238, it's sweet shootin little .380. Just put the first 256 rounds through the better halfs gun and it was flawless! ( 250 Federal AE and 6 Hornady XTP's )