The Firearms Forum banner

Favorite modern combat weapons?

9K views 29 replies 26 participants last post by  Iron Eagle 
#1 ·
Whether in a development stage, or for special operators, or currently in service, what are some notable military NFA weapons you like?

I find the KRISS Vector a very interesting SMG. Looks aside, it's a beautiful machine. Firing .45 with hardly any recoil, and at 1,200 Rounds per minute.

A rifle/carbine I really like is the ACR. Not sure who exactly makes it, but Magpul, Remington, and Bushmaster all have credit to the design. Has features that make it stand out from any AR-based weapon, the charging handle is right up front, which seems more ergonomic that reaching at the back of the receiver. You keep your fore-hand right where it should be. And then the uniquely folding stock, which, when folded, the rifle becomes only 26" long in overall length. A short barrel carbine variant folds to 19.5".

#2 ·
The KRISS conceptually is a really neat firearm. I've had the semi-auto versions come through the shop and they seem really bulky and off balance though, but the weight paired with their recoil reduction probably keeps it right on spot during full auto fire.

I like the H&K MP7 (4.6x30). The combination of the oddball caliber and short stroke gas piston make it stand out from other SMG's to me. It's definitely top of my "I'd love to test it" list. I'm not usually a fan of the "full auto" category but I'd make an exception for that and a couple others.

#6 · (Edited)
I just like big bullets! M-240, or the H&K G36

#11 ·
For me it is the HK M320. I actually zeroed mine and I had a couple witnessed, confirmed hits at 200 meters. By hits I mean the round could have failed to explode and my target would still be out of the fight.

Spectacular weapon.

#13 · (Edited)
VSS Vintorez is a pretty cool Russian sniper rifle. Has just an 8" barrel, with compensator, and the rest is the integral suppressor. Supposed to be a very effective design for keeping noise to a minimum. As well as the specially designed Subsonic 9x39 round. Wiki says it's effective range is 600 meters. Although I'm not sure how well ballistics go for a 260 grain bullet going 900 fps

#15 ·
the FN ps90 is pretty cool, 50 rd magazine and very compact, fully ambidextrous, but the ammo is really hard to find here in IL. I like my ak-74, its fairly light, accurate enough for me, the ammo is cheap and available in large quantities,(steel core FTW). i would like to put a slide fire or bumpski stock on it just for kicks. My bullpup ak 47 is nice too, but the magazines are harder to change because of the bull pup stock. drum mag works fine though :)

#16 ·
I do want one of these...

LMT LM308MWS 7.62x51MM caliber rifle.

#18 ·
I would have to say the Barrett 50 BMG, because not only will it kill the threat at a very long distance but it will kill the threats vehicle also. The only thing that would make it better is if it shot exploding rounds.

Attachments

#22 ·
I've had a go with the Barrett M82 in the army and it does shoot "exploding" rounds (made in Norway) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raufoss_Mk_211

Another fun weapon is the MG3, now that thing eats ammo like nobodys buisness and i dont want to be on the recieving end of it.

Anyway i would love to have a go at the VSS Vintorez or the SR-3 Vikhr, because they look really neat (especially the VSS)... or the KORD 12,7 HMG (because... well... why not)

Reactions: hstout1143
#23 ·
Im not big into full autos but a friend of mine has a supressed SAW- M249 that's a hoot to shoot, as long as he don't tell me to bring the ammo.

#24 ·
I gotta a few that jump out at me.
Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Gun accessory
Firearm Gun Trigger Ammunition Gun accessory
Gun Rifle Firearm Airsoft Music

Crye Precision Six12, A bullpup 12ga revolver shotgun with quick change cylinders and can be removed from it's stock and underslung mounted to an AR. Too cool

Rock Island Arms 9MM/22TCM 1911, it's a 9mm 1911 that comes with an extra barrel for the 22TCM. takes all 1911 upgrades and uses regular 1911 9mm mags for both rounds, 17+1 cap I recall. Cool part, out of that 5 inch barrel the 22TCM is averaging 2,000FPS and damn near out preforms the 5.7 round.

and finally take something old and make them SOOO SEXY and new

THE HCAR (Heavy Counter Assault Rifle); take a 1918 Browning BAR and bring it up to date with modern tech and holy #$%# batman you get the baddest rifle the world has seen. An AR-10 is cool, an SCAR or ACR yeah sexy, an HCAR is like a pin up girl of your dreams!!!!

#26 ·
I know right, I was all planned out for having an SCAR type rifle as the crown jewel of my collection. then I found out about the HCAR and there arent words. I've always really liked the BAR more than an AR. It's like the difference between a new Camaro and a 1968 with a 454 and a blower. Just bigger badder and a bit older makes it all soo much better.

#27 ·
I like the Steyr AUG a lot. Most precise FA I ever shot. Would love one in SA. I really loved my little Bushmaster M17S Bullpup. Unfortunately, so did the barstage that broke into my home and stole it. :oops:
Love my CETME, and that is advanced a SA rifle as I have now. It has never let me down. The Germans knew a good thing when they cobbled together their clone of it. o_O

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.