1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Favorite RKBA Founding Fathers' Quotes?...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ponycar17, Mar 19, 2008.

1. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, with the DC Supreme Court hearing and all... I've been thinking about the Founding Fathers' intentions and what they said to back the 2nd Amendment up for lawful citizens.

What are your favorite quotes? :)

They don't have to be Founding Fathers' quotes, but that was what sparked the idea... :)
  2. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  3. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." ... Benjamin Franklin
  4. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Ditto!!!!!!!

mike
    gn
  5. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Peoples Republic of the Pacific Northwest
    There are far too many for doing justice to each. Here are a few that show just a bit of the brilliance of the Founding Fathers. SCOTUS take note…

"...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." George Mason

"Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people"
    Tench Coxe

"The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms"
    Samuel Adams

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them."
    Richard Henry Lee

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    Thomas Jefferson

And my favorite; from the General of the Armies of the United States himself...

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good"
    George Washington
  6. sabashimon

sabashimon New Member

"No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms.”
    Thomas Jefferson
  7. delta13soultaker

delta13soultaker New Member

"Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism." George Washington, Farewell Address, 1796

"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." Thomas Jefferson, June 19, 1796
  8. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Keep it up guys... I've been off the internet for a few days, but the quotes are great!