FBI purchases 20mm rifles.

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Tony22-250, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

For what purpose does the FBI need 20mm rifles? What do they intend to accomplish with a 20x102mm that a 50 BMG cant? The only foreseeable circumstance that this rifle would be used in is something similar to what Marvin Heemeyer did in Granby Colorado.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZbG9i1oGPA

[​IMG]
    Anzio 20mm at 6' 8" tall

[​IMG]
  2. navis128

navis128 New Member

Well, at least I won't feel it ;)
  3. ARB

ARB New Member

Nor, would the 50+ people standing behind you.:eek:
  4. TheGunClinger

TheGunClinger Well-Known Member Supporting Member

It looks like that gun could take out a dozer/tank if the need should arise again:rolleyes::rolleyes: I'd kida like to have one. It would be a real hit at the range!:eek:
  5. navis128

navis128 New Member

Well, that's obviously what it's for:eek:
  6. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

Wonder if it use electric primers as in the 20mm aircraft cannon
  7. islenos

islenos New Member

guess they will be using them for No-Knock Warrants
  8. Tony22-250

Tony22-250 New Member

Nope it uses standard 20mm primers. i recently purchased a 20mm training round at the gun show and it looks like it takes 50bmg primers or maybe it has its own kind idk.
  9. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!
  10. wpage

wpage Active Member

For those stubborn tax cheats.
  11. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

You both may be onto something there:eek:
  12. artabr

artabr New Member

13. mncarpenter

mncarpenter New Member

Make a good coyote rifle...
  14. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Wonder who's relative owns Anzio Ironworks for it award of a non-bid contract?

Why do they want a 20MM they couldn't handle a 10MM?
  15. artabr

artabr New Member

Good point. ;) :D :D :D

Art
  16. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

That sir, is a mean lookin' rifle! :eek:

That reminds me of this song I heard a few years ago on Bob and Tom. :D

If I Had a Bulldozer! :D
  17. Agentwil

Agentwil New Member

I wonder why the FBI wants rifles when they never leave their offices.
  18. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Definitely would be efficient... Pest elimination and you don't even have to clean very much up. The parts are too small to matter. :eek:
  19. Marlin T

Marlin T Active Member

[​IMG]

Forget the NRA. It’s the FBI that apparently has some serious gun nuts

December 9, 6:56 AM[​IMG]Seattle Gun Rights Examiner[​IMG]Dave Workman

Thanks to an on-line forum called StrategyPage.com, it is now clear that the National Rifle Association “ain’t got nuthin’” on the Federal Bureau of Investigation when it comes to a zeal for things that go “B-A-N-G!” because the feds are allegedly buying a couple of guns that really go “K-A-B-O-O-M!” For years, the NRA has been trashed by a string of halfwits and alarmists over the organization’s promotion of shooting sports, marksmanship, hunting safety and personal protection with all kinds of firearms, from old military muskets to today’s hyper-accurate semiautomatic sporting rifles and even the big-bore .50 BMG rifles used to shoot water-filled plastic garbage cans and other goofy targets. Pseudo-psychologists have lined up to accuse the NRA of being a haven of mainly right wing, under-educated white males with big egos, small plumbing and a need to compensate for their, uh, shortcomings by purchasing big guns that have “no legitimate sporting purpose.”
    (Show me where the term “legitimate sporting purpose” appears in the Constitution.)
    The two MagFed 20mm rifles will cost about $13,000 each. The company that builds this model specializes in customizing each one to whatever the buyer wants. This is apparently what the FBI wants, a very special model, because the FBI said that only this model would do.

Well, now, according to StrategyPage, the NRA can probably head for the locker room, because the FBI is apparently in the process of buying a couple of genuine Hell-roaring long-range sniper rifles that will put to shame anything the average NRA member ever wanted.
    According to this website, the FBI is spending about $13,000 apiece on two MagFed 20mm rifles. You read that right; not “.20-caliber” but “20mm.” We’re talking serious firepower here, a round capable of – as the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence eagerly repeats at every opportunity to foment hysteria – shooting down a small airplane. That’s a cartridge with an effective range of more than 1,300 meters. It’s a cartridge that can launch a 4-ounce armor-piercing bullet, or even an explosive charge and put it on target from perhaps a mile.
    The operational range of the 20mm round is 1,300 meters. In the hands of an expert shooter, the 20mm round can hit targets over 50 percent farther. The 20mm ammo available as armor-piercing incendiary or high explosive rounds.
    To paraphrase the Brady Bunch: “You don’t need a 20mm to hunt deer.” Heck, if you hit a deer with one of these rounds, you would need to fire up the barbecue, because you would have one big pile of venison burger.
    So, what, exactly, does the FBI need a couple of guns like this for, anyway? My esteemed colleague, David Codrea, asks that same question here.
    I submitted that question to an FBI information officer at Quantico, and got back this terse response:
    “Received your request…” That was it. Nothing more.
    According to the StrategyPage.com report, a 20mm is popular among “commandos, police and peacekeepers” because they can knock out vehicles or disable weapons at a great distance with “minimal collateral damage.” You probably don’t want to know what that means. Uh, when did keeping the peace involve shooting down small airplanes or knocking out vehicles? It would be interesting to know which police like the 20mm, and where we can anticipate the use of commandos on American soil.
    Users of 20mm sniper rifles include commandos, police and peacekeepers. That's because these weapons are able to disable vehicles or weapons at a distance, and with minimal collateral damage. In Africa, for example, warlords like to equip their gunmen with heavy machine-guns mounted on the backs of pickup trucks. You want to take these down from a distance and, since these trucks are often parked in the midst of civilians, you want to do it without large explosions.
    A weapon like this, says the article, can be used to take out a vehicle belonging to an African warlord, upon which may be mounted a heavy machine gun and some gunmen. In parts of Africa, warlords and gunmen are what substitutes for government.
    Last time I checked, this was still the United States, not a state of chaos in Africa, and we don’t have African warlords raising hell in our neighborhoods. Too much competition from gangs of illegal aliens, I guess. The FBI is not supposed to be running around the world taking down beat-up Toyota pickups filled with goons and guns. We have a perfectly capable military establishment for that sort of thing. (Ever notice the newsreel footage; these guys always seem to prefer Toyotas over any other brand, a fact that speaks well of Toyota pickups because it’s a cinch that none of those idiots know how to change oil or grease U-joints. Their idea of vehicle maintenance is putting gas in the tank. I own a Toyota, it runs like a champ, but it didn’t come with the Warlord accessory package. Darn! I simply must speak to the dealer about this.)
    The questions stand: Why does the FBI think it needs a couple of guns like this? What is the agency preparing for?
    And, maybe this: Where can I buy one? We just have to keep up with the J. Edgar Hoovers.
  20. Vladimir

Vladimir New Member

Now I do not work for the FBI, so I may be mistaken, but a purchase of two rifles sounds like a trial to me. What are they going to do? Teleport the rifle to where it is needed? Maybe they are looking to replace something else, who knows what plans they could have for it- but again, at two rifles it sounds like a test phase to me.