Feather Industries AT-22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/24/02 11:16:25 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Feather Industries AT-22
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I purchased one of the first AT-22's and it is a tac driver,
    it's a pre-ban too and I love it, what are your opinions on this
    rifle/carbine?
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/25/02 7:57:13 am)
    Reply | Edit Like...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    to have one, am very familar with what they look like. Just looking for one at a good price. Still looking for the Auto Ordnance A3 also.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/25/02 10:23:02 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Like...
    I should have mentioned that I got it back in 1993!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac
  2. 2450paul

2450paul New Member

I'm a newbi here and with the AT 22. I picked one up at a gunshow sunday. The guy let me have it for $100. It was missing the forward handguard, the collapsable wire stock and the magazine. Luckily a guy in the show sold me a mag for $25. I want to see how it shoots. I've heard mixed reviews. If it shoots good, I'm thinking it would make a cool little bullpup. I'll have to see if I can fabricate a synthetic stock. Anyone have a spare mag? Thanks, Paul
  3. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

Feather is still in business and still sells the AT-22.

I purchased a new one from them a couple years back. The trigger is only so-so and they highly recommend NOT taking the lower receiver apart...EVER. So it will not get a trigger job. It shoots adequately but much prefers High Velocity ammo over Standard velocity ammo. They recommend CCI Mini-Mags, a High velocity ammo rather than Hyper velocity ammo, regardless of the name.

While mine has the Target barrel it is not a real target gun. The accuracy is just OK for a target gun (which it is most certainly is NOT). But for a neat looking tactical rifle with all kinds of available accessories to make it even more menacing lookings, I like mine. It shoots adequately. The mags (must be 10 rounds or less in California) are too small as it empties them pretty fast. I like the gun but have spent way too much on the neat accessories and the gun too, for that matter!

LDBennett