1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Feather Industries AT-22

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/24/02 11:16:25 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Feather Industries AT-22
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I purchased one of the first AT-22's and it is a tac driver,
    it's a pre-ban too and I love it, what are your opinions on this
    rifle/carbine?
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Smokin Guns
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/25/02 7:57:13 am)
    Reply | Edit Like...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    to have one, am very familar with what they look like. Just looking for one at a good price. Still looking for the Auto Ordnance A3 also.

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/25/02 10:23:02 pm)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Like...
    I should have mentioned that I got it back in 1993!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac
  2. 2450paul

2450paul New Member

I'm a newbi here and with the AT 22. I picked one up at a gunshow sunday. The guy let me have it for $100. It was missing the forward handguard, the collapsable wire stock and the magazine. Luckily a guy in the show sold me a mag for $25. I want to see how it shoots. I've heard mixed reviews. If it shoots good, I'm thinking it would make a cool little bullpup. I'll have to see if I can fabricate a synthetic stock. Anyone have a spare mag? Thanks, Paul
  3. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

Feather is still in business and still sells the AT-22.

I purchased a new one from them a couple years back. The trigger is only so-so and they highly recommend NOT taking the lower receiver apart...EVER. So it will not get a trigger job. It shoots adequately but much prefers High Velocity ammo over Standard velocity ammo. They recommend CCI Mini-Mags, a High velocity ammo rather than Hyper velocity ammo, regardless of the name.

While mine has the Target barrel it is not a real target gun. The accuracy is just OK for a target gun (which it is most certainly is NOT). But for a neat looking tactical rifle with all kinds of available accessories to make it even more menacing lookings, I like mine. It shoots adequately. The mags (must be 10 rounds or less in California) are too small as it empties them pretty fast. I like the gun but have spent way too much on the neat accessories and the gun too, for that matter!

LDBennett