FedEx - Big Whonkin' Zero!

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by warpig, Mar 8, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/15/02 10:47:38 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    FedEx - Big Whonkin' Zero!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Occasionally I will use FedEx to ship a package instead of the old standby... just to see if there is a difference in service. Man, was there a difference in service!

Boxed/packed and generated the shipping label on July 5. FedEx Ground driver came by and delivered a package, said she could take this package and hand it off to the Express courier to get it on it's way.

Of course, that is the last anyone has seen of this package (which, incidentally, is a Dan Wesson Pointman .45 auto). FedEx is trying to say there is nothing they can do because the package was never scanned in, therefore they never officially received it...

I've got the FedEx courier on video taking the package with her, so I say otherwise. So does the Sheriff's Department and BATF. We'll see how THIS plays out...
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/15/02 11:01:56 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: FedEx - Big Whonkin' Zero!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With the video I think you have them by the short and curlies. Don't let up on them for one minute.
    "I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME REPORTERS PAWING THROUGH OUR PAPERS. WE ARE THE PRESIDENT." - Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/15/02 12:04:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: FedEx - Big Whonkin' Zero!
    .....and just where did it go after she picked it up?????
    She is the first in line of suspects, from there, the list grows. Very easy to find out....whether scanned or not. I have had the postal service forget to scan a "registered" item....(pistol) even though it has the postmark stamped over the label, then deny they ever sent it or we were there. Thank God it was received, because they denied it was ever sent.....even though we had the bill (payed and blue registered, postmarked tag....including insurance AND the USPS Firearms for dated that very day) Still denied we were ever there. Much like..... PROVE IT!! No amount of proof was good enough......even if it was theirs. Go Figure!! LTS

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/15/02 2:48:41 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Update:

Ground courier admits to picking up the package, says she dropped it off at a local packaging and shipping outlet for the Express courier to pick up...
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Tac401
    Administrator
    (7/15/02 6:13:31 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Sue the phucing balls off of them Doc!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/15/02 11:02:19 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Whaddya know, one phone call from a Sheriff's detective buddy of mine and the package is now firmly in FedEx's system and winging its way to Washington state.

I wouldn't p*ss on a FedEx truck if it was on fire, and I've been a fireman for 20 years.

www.apaxenterprises.com

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (7/16/02 4:56:31 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    I bet you had somebody sweating bullets until it was found
    "I'M NOT GOING TO HAVE SOME REPORTERS PAWING THROUGH OUR PAPERS. WE ARE THE PRESIDENT." - Hillary Clinton commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/16/02 6:35:23 am)
    Oh come on AD, don't hold back ... tell us how you really feel.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (7/16/02 7:40:23 am)
    Isn`t it amazing how fast they can find it, when real heat is applied. "Oh, we have never seen it.....you are mistaken."

One, ringy-dingy......two, ringy dingies...."Hello, Fed-Ex."
    "Sheriff Bob, here......I understand you lost a HANDGUN!!"

NO SIR, IT`S RIGHT HERE.....WHO SAID IT WAS LOST??? LTS

Tac401
    Administrator
    (7/16/02 1:16:08 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    I had the same thing happen with UPS and once proper
    pressure was applied I got the same results as you Doc.

Needless to say I don't use FlakeEx or DoDoPS
    for guns anymore!

Glad things worked out for ya Doc!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

John Lawson
    (9/3/02 7:19:04 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Fed eX
    With all of the time off firemen get, you are telling us you couldn't squeeze in a few minutes to take the package to the pickup station yourself?
    If our rates go up or company restrictions are put on shipping firearms because of this incident, we know who to blame, don't we?
    Good on ya! Sue hell out of them. We can still ship via Greyhound Bus. Or pay the premium to UPS and bring in packages unwrapped for everyone to gasp over and call 911 because they spotted a terrorist. Good thinking, Doc!

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/3/02 10:34:58 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Re: Fed eX
    John Lawson - considering AntiqueDr is a paramedic and does 24 hour shifts, plus has a business of his own - maybe you should lighten up a bit?

Or in other words get all the facts out before you start blasting a member.

Read the rules - personal attacks on another member will not be tolerated!

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (9/4/02 7:44:23 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Re: Fed eX

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/4/02 8:20:46 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Fed eX
    yep, Fed ex still blows

mikmarjon
    (2/13/03 1:22:26 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del fed x
    i know i'm several months late posting here but i just want to give you an idea how screwed up they are.I ordered a bowling ball over the internet a little while back,when fed x arrived with the package i opened it up and the ball was in two pieces.How do you break something that is designed to impact things at hi speed and still last for years,drop it out of an airplane?????
    mike h.

mo ammo drill sgt.

riderbob
    (3/2/03 8:52:10 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Fed X
    I must say the same thing regarding fed x. I have been waiting for a new cell phone for over a week and when we contacted the carrier to see if it had even been shipped, they told us that the driver couldn't find our place. So they had been holding the package in the city for us. No call nothing, I guess they wanted us to hunt it down. We have had a lot of trouble w/ the x, some of the drivers have said they can't drive out this far for a little package. We ask them what their job is then, if it is not to deliver packages. They get really pissed off then. I will specifically request USPS or UPS from now on, and if it not available i will buy from those who do. I am in the customer satisfaction biz and know what it takes to retain customers and it is not by doing what the X is doing.
    OK I feel much better now (vent vent vent) But i still will not use the X.

Rider
  2. 44mag

44mag New Member

If you think Fed-X is bad you haven`t had much experiance with ups have you? UPS has earned the name of Unreliable Poor Service. I think they steal and break more items than they deliver and then it takes a month or two to fight with them to get the insurance money. YHIPPPE FOR U. S. P. S.! THEY WILL ACCEPT AND RELIABLY DELIVER FIREARMS WITH NO PROBLEMS.:) :)