FedEx Monkey Business

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by ysacres, Mar 6, 2003.

1. ysacres

ysacres Well-Known Member

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/24/02 8:56:29 pm)
    FedEx Monkey Business
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Amazing.

I had worked a deal where I had scored a like-new, boxed, 1972 production Colt Mk IV/70 in factory bright nickel. My customer shipped it out FedEx Standard Overnight.

Apparently, FedEx here in Houston called him the next day and said the box arrived at the depot here... empty. End was torn open, contents gone. We were both sick. But wait...

Later the same day, FedEx calls him back and says they have "recovered" the contents!!! No information on how, or where. Customer instructs them to deliver to me...

Luckily, everything was intact and the pistol was undamaged. Box, paperwork, everything....

Quoth Alice, "Curiouser, and curiouser..."

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/24/02 9:00:07 pm)
    Reply Re: FedEx Monkey Business
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Uh-huh. Yup. I have gotten some of those "mysterious" condition packages - quite evident someone has opened it to see what it was and didn't even halfway bother to tape it or close it very well.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/24/02 9:10:20 pm)
    Have you noticed some of the major suppliers use special tape, supposedly if breeched you should refuse it. Wonder why??? LTS

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (8/24/02 10:51:32 pm)
    hope it was not used, between you and him, in a drive-by!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/24/02 11:01:51 pm)
    Re: FedEx Monkey Business
    USPS, told ya's USPS. the only way to go!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

teehee1
    V.I.P. Member
    (8/25/02 11:55:27 pm)
    USPS is famous for refusing to pay claims at their whim.
    Now that they have raised the rates on priority over 100% in a few years their service is abominable. When they say (read lie) 2 or three days, TOTAL BS. I have shipped about 300 priority boxes in the last 18 months and I track them:: The majority took 5-8 days, some took longer, a few were returned with perfectly good addresses and some were delivered empty.. I am going back to UPS as over the last 30yrs of using them they have to me proved to be the lesser of all the evils, and have paid the claims I have had to make. Thanx for your
    ear...

Different name
    *TFF Staff*
    (8/26/02 2:03:00 pm)
    Re: Re: FedEx Monkey Business
    LTS, what is the "Special Tape" used by Businesses (Major Suppliers) ---
    stating terms of delivery, etc.
    Are they purchased at the Post Office? OR where?Thanx
    Charlie D

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (8/26/02 2:51:14 pm)
    Reply Re: Re: FedEx Monkey Business
    Charlie, don`t know yet where to get it. It is red lettering on heavy clear tape, states (to the effect) WARNING!! If this tape is cut-removed-seal damaged ect. Refuse delivery. Something like that, I haven`t ordered anything in some time, so all the boxes are gone. I will grant you one thing, they are the only boxes I have received that look as though, they were handled with care. LTS

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/26/02 7:57:33 pm)
    I've had nothing BUT problems with UPS and have NEVER
    had a problem with USPS, my packages get their faster than promised and they have never lost/stolen a firearm on me
    however, I always send them "Registered, Insured with
    Return Receipt". To properly package a registered item
    and guarantee coverage, it MUST have ALL seems and
    edges covered with a postal approved brown heavy
    paper tape, being sure that ALL plastic tape is also
    covered by the brown tape, leaving ONLY the brown tape
    visible. This is what they stamp/cancel the special seals
    on completely around and on the brown tape.
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

Tac401
    Administrator
    (8/26/02 7:59:36 pm)
    We strictly ship our firearms via USPS, we only ship ammo
    via UPS because their really is no other choice!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

anchored
    V.I.P. Member
    (9/10/02 10:58:33 am)
    Reply Fed Up
    I just had an interesting fedex experience - shipped a parcel I sold on eBay, and used my debit card to pay for shipping - goit a receipt for 19.75 and went home.
    Next day went to grocery store, debit card was declined! I know my math is bad and my accounting procedure very valuable to some companies, but I was sure I knew exact balance even if I was cutting it close.
    Went home, checked my card statement online - had TWO charges from fed ex, one for $10 on day I shipped, and on for the $19.75 on the next day.
    Called fed ex, they couldn't explain it, said it woudl take up to 30 days to remove the charge.
    Last time I use fed ex, and since I don't like UPS, I guess I'll just carry my parcels where they need to go.
    As a dreamer of dreams and a travelling man, I have chalked up many a mile; read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, and I've learned much from both of their styles.
    -J. Buffett
    {Auction45}{Famous Flying Yen}