Feds strip Arpaio of immigration authority

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by 22WRF, Oct 9, 2009.

1. 22WRF

22WRF Well-Known Member

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has stripped Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio of his authority to arrest suspected illegal immigrants based solely on their immigration status.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/145445
  2. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

They don't want enforcing the law. They want these people to vote and they can't vote if they're
    deported. :mad:
  3. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

He can still enforce state law and has stated that he will do so. Good for him.
  4. Tom Militano

Tom Militano New Member

Like he's going to pay attention to them. Go Joe!
  5. the morning light

the morning light Member

I like Sheriff Arpaio, it takes a lot to outsmart him and he gets the job done at the least cost to the taxpayers.
  6. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Member

This is Janet Nipplenose, Nepolitono poking him in the eye because she can.
    They have had a long running feud for many years and now she is in a position to poke him, this is the way she thought she would do it.
    He can still make arrests but he can now also be brought up on federal violations for even more law suits.
    I doubt if ever there has been a sheriff that has had more suits than him but as said he gets the job done and he has saved the tax payers in Maricopa county countless millions of dollars.
    Why don't other sheriffs do as he does and then the heat would not be concentrated?
    What are you doing in your own county to get them off their asses to kick these illegals out of our country and off of our welfare rolls.
    Hell they make more than you and I do while working.
    UF
  7. artabr

artabr New Member

^^^^^^^^^
    This.

Joe basically told the feds to go jump in a lake.
    I like that in a public offical. ;) :D

Art
  8. AL MOUNT

AL MOUNT Active Member

Cleaning my Thompson in The Foothills of the Ozark
    Bird with sharp beak speak um much truth..... :D

[​IMG]
  9. GMFWoodchuck

GMFWoodchuck New Member

He can still arrest them. For whatever he wants, no less. If it's immigration status, or anything else. There is no law stating that crimes are agency dependent. They are location dependent, but that's about it. If I'm wrong, someone should bring this up to the court system on constitutionality.......
  10. MrGreenJeans

MrGreenJeans New Member

Who the H double hockey stick's do those stupid fed's work for the mexican gov. Well that was a stupid question. I reckon.
  11. Kieran McCaig

Kieran McCaig New Member

He's just doing what everybody wants him to do..
  12. user

user Active Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
    The United States lacks that authority, since the Constitution provides that the police power resides exclusively in the States. All law enforcement is local law enforcement. I know, they do it anyway, but that's a matter of power, not law. Point is, the U.S. can't tell a local sheriff that he can't enforce the law of the U.S.