Feds Tracking Gun Purchases

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by hogger129, May 5, 2011.

1. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

Received this in e-mail just wondering if anybody else got it or has more info on it.

2. Juker

Juker New Member

Yep. Happened to me in January. I purchased two different pistols through Bud's - one got hung up by their credit card processing and a UPS weather delay, and the other I bought by mailing a money order. They arrived within a week of each other at my FFL guy, and he told me he had to fill out a special ATF form for multiple purchases in one week.

It sucked, completely, but he told me it happens often.

(Unfortunately, I lost both of those guns in a bizarre sewer cleaning incident the very next week. I have GOT to learn to be more careful.)
  3. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I hate when that happens. Gotta be more careful next time!
  4. dcriner

dcriner Member

Quote: "The new Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE) “rule” would require gun stores to report to the federal government the names of people who purchase more than one rifle in a week."
    I'm sure that I am in the minority here. Even though I own, shoot, and like guns, this rule (assuming it's the real deal) doesn't bother me. I'm not sure if I support or oppose the rule, but it just doesn't bother me.

I'm also not buying extra guns and ammo in anticipation that the government will take them away. State and (some) local laws bother me more than federal.
    Doug
  5. deen_ad

deen_ad New Member

Last I knew it was 2 long guns during any 5 day period, at least that's what the NRA reports at: http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=6705

Here's the link to the actual proposal: http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2011/2011-10355.htm

BATF has extended the time for comments till May 31.

But, never mind the fact that it's illegal for BATF to ask for or require this. They don't have the authority under the present laws and there is a bill pending to prohibit it. http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Federal/Read.aspx?id=6444
    Last edited: May 5, 2011
  6. deen_ad

deen_ad New Member

Around here we have a lot of boating accidents where the same thing happens!
  7. BullShoot

BullShoot New Member

Yeah, deep water and often under that, deep mud have claimed many a firearm over the years. Pity.