Feg Pistol Expertise needed

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by thedudeabides, Jan 2, 2012.

1. thedudeabides

thedudeabides New Member

I recently acquired A Hungarian Feg SMC-380 Pistol. It looks a lot like a smaller Walther, but I believe it's design has some differences.

Anyway, This pistol has a very bad habit of locking the slide in the open position before the clip is totally exhausted. This leads to a very nasty jam that makes it very hard to clear. Studying the diagrams I see a listing for a Slide Stop Spring but no real illustration.

When I field strip the pistol it breaks down to the following components:

Slide
    Frame- Barrel assembly
    Recoil Spring
    Slide Stop lever

My theory is that the previous owner had lost the spring long ago and deemed the pistol defective becouse he never noticed losing the spring.

I believe this spring is V shaped but I have no ideal where I might be able to pick one up at since hardly anybody I talk to have even heard of Feg, let alone This particular model.

Any help verifying my problem and directing me to a seller would be greatly appreciated!
  2. dustydog

dustydog New Member

Check the diagram for the PA63,should show the spring,and will be the same style/size as your SMC
  3. thedudeabides

thedudeabides New Member

I have been using the PA63 manuals diagram and I cannot see where this spring is or where it fits into the pistol. I am not even sure if the slide stop lever should come out during a general field strip but it does.

On the diagram:

38 is the slide stop
    37 is the slide stop spring (but I don't see a sketch of the parts shape)

Attached Files:

• P-63.JPG
      P-63.JPG
      File size:
      74.8 KB
      Views:
  4. thedudeabides

thedudeabides New Member

whoops, I meant 37 slide stop, 38 the spring

Sorry.
  5. Jim Hauff

Jim Hauff New Member

The slide stop spring is the little 'V' spring shown next to number 38.