Feg PMK

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by Milsurpguy, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Milsurpguy

Milsurpguy New Member

Hi folks new to this forum. I'm wondering about a Feg PMK 380 I got on a whim today. It seems well made in like new condition, with 2 magazines for 250. My question is how good are these, and are there any issues i should watch for? Thanks.
  2. RJay

RJay Active Member

:)Didn't I just see the almost identical question on another forum with answers, perhaps the firing line forum.
  3. Milsurpguy

Milsurpguy New Member

Yes you did but im a information junkie, one reply is just not enough for me to analyze opinions. I had to change my screen name the other was in use. Sorry if i offend anyone by posting it here as well.
  4. RJay

RJay Active Member

No offence, just a little grin:)
  5. lead

lead Active Member

FEG's are fine pistols. I've owned a PA 63 in 9mm Mak and a AP7 in .32auto. Both were reliable and accurate.
  6. Milsurpguy

Milsurpguy New Member

Thanks lead. Any idea if it can handle that cheap russian tullammo stuff. Looking for something cheap to shoot.
  7. RJay

RJay Active Member

Your gun is 9MM/.380, it should handle any commercial ammunition that is available. They are unauthorized copies of the Walther PP except more roughly made. They are copies, not clones and parts will not interchange. It is a proven design and shouldn't give you any problems. Holsters made for the Walther PP will fit. The biggest problem that occurs on the FEG is usually magazine related. Take down is the same as the PP.
  8. Milsurpguy

Milsurpguy New Member

Thanks RJay I think I will give it a try.
  9. Mosin_Nagant_Fan

Mosin_Nagant_Fan New Member

I had a similar gun, neat little gun, it was a S. African police trade-in and was in .380. I since sold it and now have an XD9. The only irk I had was with the aluminum frame, which I felt every round fired on the 2nd joint on my thumb.
  10. SARGE7402

SARGE7402 Member

I've owned sevral including the PA-63 Several SMCs and the PMK. All are good guns and very reliable. The aluminum frame does increase the felt recoil, but the otherside of the coin is they are very light to carry. I've still got two SMC (these were PPK size) one in .22 and one in 9x18.