Femaru M37 ejector?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by Rmasters3, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Rmasters3

Rmasters3 New Member

My extractor seems a tad soft, as I would expect if the extractor spring was weak or partially broken.

Can anyone who has taken out the extractor and spring coach me? I just got this gun, did a basic disassembly and cleaning and the extractor seemed a bit weaker than my other M37. I cycled some snap-caps through it and they seemed to work acceptably, but not as well as Femaru #1. (It's 21 degrees here today, I won't live fire for a while.)

Previously I had made an attempt at removing the pivot pin in Femaru #1, and the pin was reluctant, enough that I gave up rather than pound and risk damage. I have the Marstar disassembly information and that looks straight forward--turn slide upside down and tap out the pin. My tools should be right for the job. I'm presently soaking the pin with penetrating oil.

Am I overlooking something? My search for someone with an extractor spring turned up nothing but it doesn't look like there is much to the spring and something could be adapted.

Thanks Rmasters3@fuse.net
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

The M37 ejector sits in the frame; it doesn't have a spring. Do you mean "extractor"?

If so, the extractor uses a small coil spring; Gun Parts shows them in the catalog (around $2.00+) but I didn't check the web site. Any coil spring of about the right size and tension should work.

The gun is a blowback, so in firing, the extractor is only used as a pivot point for ejection; otherwise it is only needed to extract unfired rounds. You might try the gun before replacing the spring.

Jim
  3. Rmasters3

Rmasters3 New Member

Brain cramp--I did mean extractor and have edited to show that.
  4. Slabsides

Slabsides New Member

Neat gun. My father has one that was brought back from WWII. Good shooter. As for yours, are you having problems with it?