The Firearms Forum banner

FFL DEALER

8K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Helix_FR 
#1 ·
I am not sure if this is the proper forum for this thread/question. But I figure I'll trying this here and see if anyone can help. I am a new FFL holder, and aside from doing a online search I don't know how to find firearms wholesalers. Does anyone happen to hold a FFL and able to give me some pointers? I appreciate the help!

-Mike

#2 ·
You can google firearms wholesalers. To name a few there is Jerrys Sports center that has like 6 locations, there is Lipseys Guns in louisiana, there is Davidsons guns in arizona, there is Amchar wholesale in new york state, there is Chattanooga shooting supplys in tennessee. I deal with most of these. Out of the list, amchar is the most reasonable on shipping but may not stock all the others do. Some of the suppliers out there wont sell to a dealer that sells out of their house and they require pictures of your shop. Look these people up and fax them all your ffl info along with your contact info and they will send you catalogs and fliers. Some will call you. If there is anything I can help you with dont hesitate to ask.

#3 ·
Thanks DD...I did google search before starting this thread, and found those dealers you listed, i just thought there possibly were others. I am of course familiar with Davidson's, but I am under there impression they require you to agree to only use them as your supplier unless it is a product they do not carry. I do appreciate your help, and am sure I will have more questions as I go along.

-Mike

#4 ·
Davidsons is the highest priced supplier I have found but they have perks for dealers that have a store. There are others out there such as lew hortons you can use. Good luck to you and let me know if I can help....

#5 ·
In addition to the info DD has provided, I wonder if an FFL holder might be able to purchase directly from a manufacturer. For example I know of one area distributor of Olympic Arms that I believe works out of their home and mostly makes sales at local gun shows. They happen to be the only distributor of Olympic Arms anywhere near me. That might be worth investigating. Of course I doubt the larger manufacturers like S&W, or Ruger would be interested. Good luck starting your new business.

#6 ·
There are some manufactures that sell direct to dealers such as sti and rock river and olympic, but some wont. They only sell to big distributors.

#7 ·
i know its been a while since this was discussed but Ace, you may want to try CDNN, they're based in abilene which isnt too far of a drive from san antonio. and from what i understand, they like working with smaller dealers. also, where in san antonio are you setting up shop? I know a lot of people in the area and would love to send business your way if i can since i would rather smaller dealers who actually care about the business make a bit of money than the big time corporations

#10 ·
Back when I was a FFL holder, I bought some guns directly from Bushmaster and directly from Beretta. I guess Bushmaster will still sell directly to dealers. I called them a couple of days ago to order a complete lower and have them ship it to my local gun shop and they told me to have the shop call them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.