1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Fie .22 revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by mosinitis, Oct 18, 2010.

1. mosinitis

mosinitis New Member

I am looking at buying a fie .22 revolver with about a 4 in barrel and birds head grips. It is new or i guess it's old but never shot. What are these guns worth and are they decent shooters?
  2. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

75-100 dollars tops. Very cheap revolver and a whole bunch were imported.
  3. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

i would pass on this, parts not available , wasn't worth much when new , was considered a saturday night special. not very reliable .....
  4. mosinitis

mosinitis New Member

Thanks guys, I knew it was a cheap gun but I didn't really know how cheap. The bottom dollar is $140 so I think I will pass and just get a Heritage Rough Rider instead. Have you guys heard anything about rough riders quality? They are $160 with both lr and mag cylinders.
  5. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Does it have a safety on the frame? If so they are cheap too. I think they had a .22lr and a .22 mag. cylinder.
  6. mosinitis

mosinitis New Member

The rough rider has a safety on the frame. I know they are cheap but I hear they are decent for the money.
  7. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

They are a decent gun but why not shoot for a good used Ruger single six?
  8. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

I had a single action that served me well bought for $60 used years ago. my first revolver at age 14. but a ruger single six is much better. I would say if in nice condition $100 or $150 for like new in box.
  9. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    i have a few friends that have bought the heritage arms pistols and for casual plinking they are excellant for the price.if you can find a used single six in the box for 100-150.00 then buy i dozen,you keep one and ill buy the rest.in my neck of the woods a used single six would go for 200-250.00 at least.buy what you can afford for now and trade up later if you want. old semperfi
  10. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

used single sixes bring a bit more than 150 in my neck of the woods too unless it's completely trashed. i bought a heritage rough rider for ms. oscarmayer and a phoenix arms hp22. after a few times out to the range i've found the heritage to be better made and very functional for a 160.00 gun. wife loves it and so far has put 3000 rounds through it and with just a swab of the barrel and cylinder and a light oiling it just keeps on ticking
  11. mosinitis

mosinitis New Member

If I could find a used single six in the $200 range I would much rather have it than the heritage but all of them that I see are closer to $300. Being the poor boy that I am I just can't see spending twice as much right now on the six even if it is a much better gun.