Fie .22 revolver

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by mosinitis, Oct 18, 2010.

1. mosinitis

mosinitis New Member

I am looking at buying a fie .22 revolver with about a 4 in barrel and birds head grips. It is new or i guess it's old but never shot. What are these guns worth and are they decent shooters?
  2. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

75-100 dollars tops. Very cheap revolver and a whole bunch were imported.
  3. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

i would pass on this, parts not available , wasn't worth much when new , was considered a saturday night special. not very reliable .....
  4. mosinitis

mosinitis New Member

Thanks guys, I knew it was a cheap gun but I didn't really know how cheap. The bottom dollar is $140 so I think I will pass and just get a Heritage Rough Rider instead. Have you guys heard anything about rough riders quality? They are $160 with both lr and mag cylinders.
  5. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Does it have a safety on the frame? If so they are cheap too. I think they had a .22lr and a .22 mag. cylinder.
  6. mosinitis

mosinitis New Member

The rough rider has a safety on the frame. I know they are cheap but I hear they are decent for the money.
  7. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

They are a decent gun but why not shoot for a good used Ruger single six?
  8. fleetwood1976

fleetwood1976 Active Member

I had a single action that served me well bought for $60 used years ago. my first revolver at age 14. but a ruger single six is much better. I would say if in nice condition $100 or $150 for like new in box.
  9. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    i have a few friends that have bought the heritage arms pistols and for casual plinking they are excellant for the price.if you can find a used single six in the box for 100-150.00 then buy i dozen,you keep one and ill buy the rest.in my neck of the woods a used single six would go for 200-250.00 at least.buy what you can afford for now and trade up later if you want. old semperfi
  10. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

used single sixes bring a bit more than 150 in my neck of the woods too unless it's completely trashed. i bought a heritage rough rider for ms. oscarmayer and a phoenix arms hp22. after a few times out to the range i've found the heritage to be better made and very functional for a 160.00 gun. wife loves it and so far has put 3000 rounds through it and with just a swab of the barrel and cylinder and a light oiling it just keeps on ticking
  11. mosinitis

mosinitis New Member

If I could find a used single six in the $200 range I would much rather have it than the heritage but all of them that I see are closer to $300. Being the poor boy that I am I just can't see spending twice as much right now on the six even if it is a much better gun.