FIE Double Barrel Shotgun

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Mar 2, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

kevinater
    (9/9/02 11:42:57 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All f.i.e. shotgun
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i recently came across a side by side that read "made in brazil for f.i.e". any info?

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/10/02 7:38:22 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: f.i.e. shotgun
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Kevinater......and welcome to TFF.

Any other markings on the gun? The f.i.e. probably means it was imported by Firearms International....but I'm no expert on this.

Keep checking back....one of our experts will be along shortly.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/10/02 9:16:45 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    Re: f.i.e. shotgun
    FIE was not the same company as Firearms International.

The Brazilian FIE side-by-sides were generally Boito products. One such model had 19" barrels and was called "The Brute" (along with a single barrel called "The SOb"). Very low cost pieces back in the early 80's, with no appreciation since.

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (9/10/02 11:28:55 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: f.i.e. shotgun
    I stand corrected, Doc. You're the expert, not me.