Fight for your Rights.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by johnlives4christ, Jun 14, 2010.

1. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

you are in a public place. you and a friend are discussing racing. nascar to be exact. the police come up to you and inform you that you are not allowed to discuss sports of any kind while in public. it's your towns newest law.

you cannot believe it, you're shocked ad the violation to your first amendment rights. you call all your friends and complain. perhaps you organize and protest at city hall. many thoughts go through your head about your rights, and why they are important and about what they meant to our founding fathers.

next you learn you're no longer able to say a prayer thanking God for your food while dining out. Grace as some call it.

so whats next?

your right to own a firearm? your right to use your firearm to defend yourself?

thats has been gone a long time. you gave that up without much fight.

when they told you that you had to give up your gun because crime was rampant you didnt like it. but you feared the cops. going to jail. being a martyr if you resisted by refusing to give up your gun.

this is how it starts. and this is the way it will end.

you no longer have the power to fight back when your rights are taken away. you no longer have the means to change the world around you. you can scream from your jail cell, or talk in wispers about your rights. but you cannot get them back.

it all started with your first defense, your second amendment rights.

you started losing your rights when they made it illegal to have unregistered short barreled rifle, short barreled shotgun or machine gun. then they stopped the ease of availability of surplus guns through the mail. then they insisted that all guns have serial numbers. then they stopped importing certain models, then they stopped importing guns that didnt meet a sporting need.

next you have to register your guns. then you have to give up your handguns. since this doesnt stop crime you have to give up your rifles, then your shotguns. pretty soon you have to have a permit to own a bb gun. or a paint ball gun.

so now, without a gun, when the government tells you to shut up... you do it, just not willingly. you just cant do anything about it anymore.

so when is the time to fight for your rights? when they are all taken away, or when the first steps are taken to take the very first one away?

~john
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

and thats how it goes
  3. wpage

wpage Active Member

It is illegal in NJ to slurp your soup...
  4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

I'm pretty sure I'd applaud a rule that stopped the rampant, raucous, annoying, flamboyant discussion of college football in public as if the participants actually went to the school in the first place. In fact, I'd be the enforcer. Where's my billy club? Yes, I went to an ACC college. No, I don't give a crap about your game... :D I'm different. I know... ;)
  5. johnlives4christ

6. johnlives4christ

it is illegal in lexington to put an ice cream cone in your back pocket.

back to the subject... does anyone feel the same way i do about the lose of your rights?
  7. wyoredot

wyoredot New Member

JL4C, I most assuredly believe as you do and I think the majority of our gentle readers do too. I hope that during the coming days that we can pull together and run these liberals out of town on the proverbial rails.As for me and the future, I'll probably be one of those dreaded martyrs, especially if someone comes to threaten my family...
  8. johnlives4christ

wyoredot. i believe the majority of those reading on this forum would believe as i do, but i dont understand why, when a subject like this is brought up, does everyone avoid it. the talk i want to make isnt illegal, but it sure might be uncomfortable to those in power. i fear that too many people now days are afraid to have an opinion openly that might make them look radical.

i'm hoping i wont be a martyr. but should the lord call me to be i will. but until he does... im ready to fight
  9. mncarpenter

mncarpenter New Member

Looks like your 1st amendment is already shot to hell. Lot's of subjects in the country, today, that are best whispered about, or warrant a glance over your shoulder to see who's behind you before you speak. How many ways can you be called a bigot, racist, terrorist, radical, or accused of not caring about your environment, and on and on and on. Little kids can't play with toy soldiers, and I'll bet that there a lot of people who would have a coronary if the kids put on a "Indian" headdress and played cowboys and Indians.
    School administrators can decide to give your kid a Trojan, and you can't stop them.

The problem? Lazy, apathetic people who would prefer the warm cozy blanket of government intervention before thinking or acting for themselves.
  10. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I am one of those that think like you do John. I am a paying member of the local Tea Party. I was at the march on D.C. last Sept., and I'll be there again this comming Sept. I make the town hall meetings, and attend a Tea Party Constitution Class. My car wears the Tea Party stickers, along with NRA, and other stickers. My hat is an NRA cap with pins, and buttons on it. I talk to anyone who will listen, and am proud to say that I will go anywhere, and talk to anyone about this subject. I have met the Obozo buss in Shreveport, and I have walked into places that were owned and operated by black folks to invite them to Tea Party events. I will stand up for what I believe. I will fight for what I believe. I will live what I believe.

Rember in November!
  11. wpage

wpage Active Member

Make sure you vote...
    Any reps that pass bad laws. Vote them out!
  12. johnlives4christ

that is exactly right. it makes me sad and angry at the same time

carver. i didnt know you were quite so involved but i did know you held these beliefs of freedom.

i guess i've just been getting frustrated with all of the crap lately and need to vent sometimes
  13. lentz

lentz Former Guest

I don't care what the Law says anymore.I'm fed up period! No one will ever tell me what I can do or not do again.I may not even renew permit.But will carry anyway.Society and people in general make me sick anymore.WE talk and we talk,and do absolutely nothing.I have no time for talk and idle chatter.
    I will do what I want where I want without encroaching on anothers right,And they blame well better stay off mine.I am a human being,I am an individual,no one will ride rough shod over me.I'm racist,I hate queers,and I hate government intervention.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  14. johnlives4christ

lentz. at least you're honest
  15. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

+1