Fight over wasr-10

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by GoodOl'12gauge, Jun 15, 2010.

1. GoodOl'12gauge

GoodOl'12gauge New Member

I was at the shop filling out my paperwork for the new wasr 10 i had just bought and a local LEO walked into the shop. He talked to one of the guys at the counter for a few minutes and then came over to me and was just making small talk. He asked what I had just purchased so I told him a Century WASR-10 AK. He said and I quote "Well arent you unamerican"!!! Needless to say I lost my temper and had to leave the shop. But I pick up my new ak tommorow so it was for a good cause. What I dont understand is why is it unamerican for me to want a rifle that is utterly reliable has good knock down power and is cheap to shoot?
  2. oneshot onekill

oneshot onekill New Member

AAHH... I wouldn't let it bother me. Just because he's in Law Enforcement doesn't make him any better than anyone. In fact, most LE that I've had "gun related" conversations with have little or no firearms knowledge. Just treat it as if he's any knucklehead you might meet on the street. His opinion means NOTHING!

Enjoy your new AK!
  3. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

People........
  4. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I do believe I would have had to ask him if he ever shopped at Wall Mart. Or maybe what kind of car he owns.
  5. oneshot onekill

Sorry...
  6. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Not you, I meant the goofy cop. ;)
  7. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

"As soon as an American company makes a comparable firearm at a COMPARABLE price, I'll buy it," is what I'd say, next time. But it will NEVER happen since the American worker is too frickin' greedy - insanity.
  8. oneshot onekill

Ah... I thought you were warning us to back-off because we were pushing a forum rule against bad-mouthing or something. I see your meaning now.

John
  9. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

No, this is pretty mild. I have cocky LEOs here, I know one that got fired for thinking he knew better than everyone. I don't like going to a gun shop and listening to people judge what other people are buying, I don't care who they are.
  10. GoodOl'12gauge

Its not even the fact he was a cop it was just the way he said it with that cocky ass attitude this happened last tuesday and im still stewin about it.
  11. grampawmike

grampawmike New Member

Well guys.......I gotta agree. I spent 35 years as a LEO. Most of the current crop of kids jumping into LE have never lived. By that I mean that they have stayed home, gone to college on daddy's dime, read their little magazines, watched TV, and (in their minds) are going to rid the world of 'scrotes' in their lifetimes. They have grown up watching TV cop shows and have nurtured the JWG (John Wayne Gene). Then they attend a training academy and come out with an attitude of superiority and invincibility. They have never learned to work with people. They never have been in a knock down, drag out, ass kicking fight. When it happens to them, they find out that they can get hurt....that's a shock to their little systems. They don't realize that it's better to take the time to talk the situation down, if possible. They read gun mags and repeat the writer's opinions as total fact.....without knowledge of their own. I was an armorer for 15 yrs in the Dept (other duties as assigned) and to hear some of the crap that came out of the mouths of babe's when they spoke of firearms, was remarkable. They are now more versed in, and rely upon, computers more than their own eyes, ears, and common sense. Maybe not all of them, but enough to really make one wonder about the younger generation IMHO......Maybe I should apologize, as these may just be the opinions and rantings of a grumpy old retired cop.

P.S. If he wasn't in uniform, how did you know that he was a cop? or was he the type that would preface any comment with "I'm a cop, and..." If he is that type...well, right off you know what you have in front of you.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  12. ofitg

ofitg Active Member

I used to know a retired cop; I think he must have gone through the academy in the late 1970's..... according to him, the academy was indoctrinating recruits with that "superiority and invincibility" stuff way back then.

Things usually look different after a few decades of experience. I wonder if things are so different now, from what they have always been.
  13. GoodOl'12gauge

He was in uniform.
  14. grampawmike

grampawmike New Member

No....Just more so. I went thru in the early 60's and 'command presence' was, and still is, a taught and and tested for 'attribute'. Maybe I was lucky in going to a very rural area, where backup wasn't two minutes away. 'Verbal Judo', as taught now, was unknown so you'd better have been able to communicate in a reasonable manner, make some sense, and generally work things out.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  15. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Unamerican he says??? And the glock in his sock is made in Austria. What a dummy;)