Final Finish

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by JLA, Feb 5, 2008.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

anybody ever used David Tubbs Final Finish fire lapping kit. i just got done with it, and it works superbly!!!
  2. Haligan

Haligan Active Member

no what does it do
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

its a progressive bore conditioning kit that utilizes abrasive bullets to smooth and polish tool marks in factory mass-produced barrels. The system removes less than .0003 inch if metal and makes a rough dingy bore shine like a mirror. it reduces pressures, raises velocity, and shrinks groups like you wouldnt believe.
  4. rglbegl

rglbegl New Member

Time to bump an old thread.

I am about to try this on a new rifle.
    I just bought a Savage chambered in 300wimag. In an attempt to get the most out of it, I am gonna give this product a try.

After an extensive internet search, I have noticed that people seem to love this system. The only complaints coming from people who used it on very expensive custom barrels. (which dont need this kind of treatment.)

So . . .. . Bump . .. .. . for more information from anyone who may have tried this.
    What power load did you use?
    did you see a difference in accuracy? cleaning?
  5. Gearheadpyro

Gearheadpyro New Member

I've used the Final Finish.

Loads do not need to be hot, I loaded 10% down from max.
    Clean the barrel THOROUGHLY!!! You want that patch white as snow when it comes out the other end.

I can't say if it improved anything or not as the Final Finish rounds were the first I shot through my .308. I can say that cleaning it is a breeze and it shoots like a dream.

Custom barrels do not need all 50 shots, just the last 20.
  6. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I used it again the other day to fire lap an old .22 rifle (yes they do make it in rimfire) Groups went from just over an inch at 50 yds to one ragged hole, and clean up is as simple as pushing a couple of oil soaked patches down the bore. Once again , this is a great system for improving factory barrels. It probably has its greatest impact on mil-surp guns. They also sell preloaded ammo for non-reloaders but they only come in boxes of 20 and utilize compounds 1 through 4 (5 each) they do good on barrels that are already pretty smooth to start and is the best choice for properly breaking in a new barrel...