Finally found some primers...sheesh

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by WildcatFan, Nov 3, 2009.

1. WildcatFan

WildcatFan New Member

I'm starting to purchase a few essentials, outside of a manual which has already been purchased and has been shipped. Every few days I go on line to see if there are any large pistol primers out there and I finally found a few. Though I sure wasn't expecting that $22 HAZMAT charge. Wow! I almost choked on my pork chop when I saw that on here. Oh well I guess. Though, I might just wait next time and purchase them local when they're every in stock.
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

Yes, that HazMat is always a kicker ! That's why it's good to order at least 5k min or go in with a friend or two and put together a single large order. I've seen plenty of primers hitting the shelves and alot at the recent gunshows. You shouldn't have any trouble picking some up soon.

btw try ordering bp, primers, smokeless and cleaning solvents at the same time :eek::eek: :D
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  3. WildcatFan

WildcatFan New Member

I HATE TAXES AND FEES! LET ME BUY MY CRAP, DO IT MYSELF WHILE I ENJOY YOU LEAVING ME ALONE, MR. GOV'T. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, GET OUT OF MY LIFE!!!
  4. 312shooter

312shooter Active Member

5. WildcatFan

WildcatFan New Member

Yep, saw them there last night. Thanks, though.
  6. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I was looking for some small rifle mags and had to drive 40 miles and pay $35 for a thousand. I don't use many small rifle as the only caliber I use them on is a 222 Remington but I got some H335 so needed the mag primers. I should be all set with primers as the one I use the most is small pistol and I bought 5,000 in spring 2008 and I hve enough of the others to carry me thru Obama.

I saw an article yesterday that said americans have purchased 12 billion rounds within the last year up from 7-10 billion they usually buy. Thats where the primers are going. The next big home improvement project is going to be building a powder magazine to securely house all the ammo that was bought.
  7. RandyP

RandyP Member

I had been lurking at the primary online sources' websites for easily 7 months before one finally showed stock on hand for large & small pistol primers. I quickly placed my small order to get back up to my comfort level of inventory, just 3-5K of each size. Fortunately I don't shoot vast quantities annually so I've never 'run out' of primers.= not needed to 'hoard purchase'.