Finally found the appropriate sight for my KelTec PLR16

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by The Count, Oct 19, 2010.

1. The Count

The Count New Member

...for those unfamiliar with this gun, its a 'pistol' that shoots 223 rifle rounds. impressive fireballs, a attention getter at the range. pretty intense recoil. so far i had put 2 red lasers, a green laser ($100) and a true glo red dot on it. lasers either went dead after no more that 100 rounds or just fell apart. red dot was somewhat more reliable but also not really satisfactory. so i was not a happy camper...UNTIL... i sprung for a eotech 517. yes its expensive. and yes, this is military grade hardware. when you tighten the fastening screw like it says in the manual the sight stays where it is supposed to. 100 rounds, still rock steady. once zeroed in, it stays zeroed in. keep in mind though that the eotech has no magnification. its is intended for fast sight acquisition not for precision target shooting. sighted mine in at 25 yards which is good for anything from 10 to 35 yards. will try out 50 yards next time at the range just to see how it does farther out.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  2. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

I actually have 2 sights on mine. One on the upper pic. rail and 1 on the lower. The upper one is a magnifier with a laser dot and the lower one is just a red laser for quick acquisition. I've had my PLR-16 for 3 years and have yet to fire it. With a half-dozen 30 rnd. mags. and spare ammo it takes up a lot of room in the gun safe. It's nice to hear from someone else who has one.
  3. The Count

The Count New Member

Howdy pardner... i can only give you once piece of advice... go shoot it and make sure it likes your ammo! mine is pretty finniky... no steel ammo, reloads better be 100 percent perfect or no bang bang!
  4. Boris

Boris Former Guest

What laser brands did you have?

If the green one you tried was only $100.00, I suspect quality was not that good?

I have a Lasermax unimax on one of my guns (red) and it holds zero perfect and is more than bright enough to see during the day. It was also a bit more $$ than the green one you had.......