Finally got it done!

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by da357mag, Nov 8, 2012.

1. da357mag

da357mag New Member

I don't know if you all remember but I have been working on this Winchester M70 for awhile now. I got the bedding done and installed a Rifle Basix trigger, and it is now in a Boyd's TH stock I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but maybe this weekend. If so I will try to post a target pic or two. Just thought you might like to see the before and after. This is now,

[​IMG],

and this is before,

[​IMG],

The stock looks good on the outside, but the inside was ruined! I don't know how many people owned this rifle,(it's a 1977 M70 22-250) and too many folks tried to "fix it!:eek:) The inletting was so loose I could move the action sideways with the action screws tight. So I just decided to re-stock it and I pillar bedded the recoil lug and about the first 2" of the barrel. I didn't do the tang area since it is a laminated stock and it is very hard! so I may do it in the future but I will try it like it is first! Just thought I would share what I have done! Thanks for letting me share!:)
  2. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

Looks good, any deer or coyote would be proud to shot by something that looks that good.
  3. Munch

Munch Member

Very nice result! I have a couple bubba'ed rifles that I've been thinking of doing the same with. I'm curious to see how your rifle shoots in its new furniture. Hope to see the targets soon!
  4. captmike2

captmike2 New Member

Looks great! love the grain patterns.
  5. Airdale

Airdale Member

Very nice, looking forward to the target pics.