Finally got some Pic's Mark II

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by jstanfield103, Mar 16, 2012.

1. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 New Member

I finally got the grips and sights installed on my New to Me Mark II so I took some pictures.
    This gun was made in 1989, I bought it from a friend for $200. which I thought was resonable. I have older eyey's and wanted to up grade the sights for easier sighting. I put the white grips on to help break up some of the black. I Love hogue grips and may buy a set for this even if they are black, the Hogue grips are just to comfortable. But for now the white grips are comfortable enough.

[​IMG]
    By jstanfield at 2012-03-16

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

I really like those white grips. When I got my Mark lll hunter I replaced the rear sight with the adjustable targets sight also and found it works great with the front sight like yours.
  3. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Are those the 100 year grips?

My dad has a special model MkII that has those and the really nice red case.
  4. ColeW

ColeW New Member

How do you like those sights? I'm looking into getting the same sights for my mkIII target
  5. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Nice Ruger, grips and love those sights!
  6. yetiman

yetiman New Member

Would you take $200 for it now?:D
  7. Rugermanws

Rugermanws Member

All you need now is a quality trigger job and your done. I own 4 different ones but the one I shoot the most has the trigger job.
  8. jstanfield103

jstanfield103 New Member

I bought the grips and sights from ruger, so the grips must not be an annerversary style. They were $14.00. I do Love the sights. I had a Ruger Mark III Hunter that had the High Vis on the front only and liked it real well. But these sights are the three dot sighting system and they are really easily picked and the day light makes them shine.
    I had two Mark III's and did trigger jobs on both of them with Valquartzen target trigger. They were really nice when done. I sold them both to buy my S&W Model 41. That is my Target gun and I just bought this Ruger to shoot if I needed to kill a coyote messing with the horses or dogs, or a snake or possum in the yard. It is just going to be a plinker and a fun gun. No trigger job needed. I was sighted in today a fired flawlessly, the sights are great, well worth the money.