Finally Got to the Range Today

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Xaiver56, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

So my awesome wife bought me a Taurus Millenium in 9mm a week ago and we finally got out to the range to put it through its paces:

[​IMG]

I own the exact same gun in .380 so I was already used to the grip, sights, and over all feel. The only problem I ever had with the Taurus in .380 was the magazines, and it appears that Taurus took special care with the 9mm magazines, they just feel a bit more firm in the spring and it translated into some great shooting. Fired 150 rounds of Winchester white box range ammo and did not have a single jam or failure of any kind. My accuracy was good and normally I would put at least 500 rounds through a carry gun before carrying it, with this one I think I will make an exception.

After shooting the wife and I looked around and the guns availible for sale and we both spied this beauty:

[​IMG]

Neither one of us were planning a gun purchase, but I have been wanting a Cowboy Action to add to my collection and she does have a love for all things revolver, the pearl looking grips also seemed to call to her.

Now here was my secret on getting the okay to purchase the gun. When the salesman came over to take it out the case to handle he first tried to hand it me, instead, I backed away and motioned for my wife to be the one inspecting. As she studied the firearm I could see she was liking it. I stayed in a backed off stance and let her ask all the questions she wanted to sales guy, he of course wanting to make a sale was polite, knowledgeable, but made sure to point out all the benefits of this fine firearm. :D

I stayed calm the whole time, and let her come to realize that we definately needed a cowboy action to add to our collection. She of course came to same realization as I, and now I have gotten two new guns in a week. This now brings my (i mean our :rolleyes: ) little handgun family to 12. Don't they all look happy together:

[​IMG]
  2. artabr

artabr New Member

Xaiver, whats the make & cal. of your newest addition to your fine looking firearms family. Smooth move letting the wife handle it first. :) :D

Art
  3. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

It is a Ruger New Vaquero in .357 mag

I thought it was a smooth move as well, now if I could just get her on board with a Sig 556 :eek: :eek: :cool:
  4. I just tried out my new PT111 Millennium Pro last week, Xaiver, and I agree, the Taurus Millennium series pistols shoot like a dream. They make excellent concealed carry guns.
  5. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

Ah yes smooth move indeed, until I left a TFF window open after I went to bed and she had the chance to read up on my dastardly plan :eek:

She, being the awesome wife that she is, laughed at my plan and said she wanted the gun based on the feel alone, not the fact that I let her handle it first...

Which of course is still a good thing, because in my opinion she has great taste in firearms, and in men if I do say so myself.... :D
  6. artabr

artabr New Member

So, his & hers 556's aren't out of the question? :D :D :D

Art
  7. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

For now I don't think so, but my birthday is in October... one can dream :D
  8. artabr

artabr New Member

Good luck, my friend. :)

Art
  9. Dakota Red 1

Dakota Red 1 New Member

A fine looking family.

X, I remember you posting about the SIG. Got me all enthused so today I got one. It's a used P6 from the German police. Will get it to the range this week and hope to have as satisfying a work-out as you did with the Millennium. I expect I will.

I do wish my frau would take up shooting. Gun buying scams for the non-shooting wife are running short. "I have all this valuable 9mm brass and nothing to reload it for." Much better would be, "Honey, if I clean it real good, can I take your Ruger to the range?"
  10. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

Congrats on the Sig purchase, I am sure you will be happy. I have been wanting to pick up one those P-6's myself, look forward to hearing your range report.
  11. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

The wife and I headed back to the range today to put the new Vaquero through the paces. Well I got to shoot about 12 rounds before the wife took it off my hands... :rolleyes:

For whatever reason my wife has an affinity with revolvers, any make, any model, she is just a crack shot with them. We both loved the Vaquero however I have a feeling it will end up on her side of the safe, guess I am just going to have to buy another one for my side... :D

I shot about 100 more round through my Taurus 9mm and not one failure, and a joy to shot.

I also shot about 50 rounds through my Tomcat:

[​IMG]

These little guns are hard to get just right but I am getting to be a much better shot with it, I figure another 200 more rounds and I should be good to carry this one too.

Not a bad day if I do say so myself. Now off to watch Enemy at the Gates.
  12. Topbreak01

Topbreak01 New Member

I have a PT111 9mm and have put around 200 rounds thru it as i just got it and have had no problems with it whatsoever.It's a great gun for concealed carry and accurate and dependable to boot.
  13. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

I couldn't agree more. I had the same gun in .380 for conceal carry but I really wanted to move up to 9mm. What kind of holster do you use and how do you carry yours? Currently I carry IWB on my right side with an Uncle Mikes Holster, but I have been wanting to upgrade.
  14. Topbreak01

Topbreak01 New Member

Right now i have a Blackhawk IWB for the right side as well and a belt clip holster with the extra magazine holder made to the holster for the right side.But like you i want to upgrade as well and am open to any suggestions anyone can give me.