Finally have my Holy Grail of handguns

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by FlyinGN, Feb 19, 2004.

1. FlyinGN

FlyinGN New Member

Well people. I have waited over a year and a half and today I got it.. Its an Alchemy Arms spectre.. Its a hybrid mix of Glock and 1911. The slide is Glock ish (except that its stainless) and removes like a Glock. and the rest is one piece aircraft aluminum. Its striker fired and has a manual safety and grip safety like a 1911. It also has a lock on the bottom by the mag entrance to lock out a mag from be inserted.. This is called KISD (keyed internal storage device)
    The grip safety blocks trigger movement and disconnector travel, the manual safety disconnects trigger from the fire control.
    This gun can be cocked and locked like a 1911 and when the safety is off and the grip safety squeezed the trigger take up is VERY light and butter smooth and short.. Delightful. Its NOT like a Glock where the trigger travel is double action like.. I have never felt a trigger like this in my life..
    I have not shot it yet but here is my photo album in Yahoo to check it out..
    My hats off to William McMoore and alchemy.. Its a work of art.. I wil be back asap with a range report (in conjunction to a range report of my Armscor .45 too)

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/fr...1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frankie_gn/my_photos

Frank
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi FlyingGN........welcome to TFF.

Be sure to let us know how it does on the range.

Who makes it, who sells it, and how much?
  3. FlyinGN

FlyinGN New Member

Here is their website. tho not nearly finished.. They are in Washington state. Each gun hand built and takes TIME. I believe that in they webpage on dealers Castle arms has some ain stock at $750.

Can't wait to shoot it:)

Frank
  4. ACC

ACC New Member

wow

That is a great lookin piece, even has rails for lights and stuff, you will have to let us know how it shoots!!!!!!

Attached Files:

5. ACC

ACC New Member

Sorry folks,I thouht that picture would be on the right side of the post,how do you do it?
  6. JohnnyRobotic

JohnnyRobotic New Member

You mean like an avatar picture under your name?
  7. FlyinGN

FlyinGN New Member

Re: wow

thanks!! Hopefully Ill be going to the range tonight.. Ill keep yas posted..

Frank

8. ACC

ACC New Member

JR:
    yeah, I thought it(picture) would go to the left, so how do you do it?
  9. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

C&R - I resized it for you to use as an avatar. See it below.

You need to go to user cp, edit options and look at the section on Avatar. insert the location of the avatar image on your computer and voila - it will work!

Let us know how it turns out for you.

Attached Files:

• c&r.jpg
      c&r.jpg
      File size:
      1.2 KB
      Views:
  10. ACC

ACC New Member

thanx Marlin,I can't seem to get my pic small enough,have any idea's(DUH you did it to mine already) ok so how'd you do it:);)
    Please......................
  11. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

C&R, What photo editing software are you running?

Mine is MGI PhotoSuite. To edit Pics for size, bring the Pic up in Photosuite...go to the toolbar and click on image...scroll down to resize...click on it and set the dimensions you want the Pic to be (for an avatar here, it can't be bigger than 80x80)...then save it under another file name...Then same as Marlin said...

12. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

I resized it trying to get the lettering on the box to show up more...best I could do...;)

Now if you right click on the Pic...click on save copy as...keep the same file name or choose your own...and save it to your hard drive...then go to your user CP and upload your avatar...;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2004
  13. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Actually, you might consider taking another shot of the box wherein the flash reflection is not present. The picture was great except for that, which affected the lettering.

SG, glad you caught that and cropped the picture. I was so anxious to get him an avatar size that it didn't enter my mind.

C&R, this may be done with any photo editing software. I have Microsoft Photo Editor and Adobe PhotoDeluxe. SoMo has the full professional Adobe Photo program. Any of these will do it. The Avatar may be no larger than 80 x 80 pixels in the resizing and cropping may be done as SG did with such a program.

Good luck with it.
  14. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Went ahead and did your pistol also...when ya gunna get to shoot it?...;)

Attached Files:

15. ACC

ACC New Member

Thanx guy's for all your hard work to try and get this done for me, but it won't let me attach the one that smokin guns sent me fo it is not a jpg file, I'll try to get the origanal image down sized,(my wife is the photo expert),I will try marlins though(just thought about it) and see how that goes. Thanx again Guys