Finally My Very Own Sig

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Xaiver56, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Grand Prairie, TX
    My dad is a total sig guy. Every firearm he owns is a Sig and he is interested in no other firearms, which is fine with me because I get to shoot his Sigs everytime we hit the range. Well he has had his eye on a P226 Sig Elite for about a month and on Saturday he decided he wanted to pick it up. I tagged along to Cabellas. We get there, he finds exactly was he wants and starts filling out the paper work. I of course start looking around when a P229 Sig Equinox catches my attention.

[​IMG]

My Dad, waiting for all his paperwork to be finished up comes over and takes a look with me. Then he looked at the sales guy and said "We'll take that one too." So from out of no-where my Dad, the Sig guy decided his son needed his very own sig. I very much wanted to protest, to say "No, Dad that is too much money." Or "No Dad, I don't need another gun" However the only thing that came out was "Really, Thanks!"

So course on sunday we had to head out and test out the new sigs and I must say they were both a pure pleasure to shoot. I really do love Sigs and now I have one of my own to add to my "Safe Family" (I store them in a safe and they keep me safe)

[​IMG]

So all in all it was a very nice weekend...

2. Dakota Red 1

Dakota Red 1 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Kansas
    What a Dad!

Hey Xaiver, what is that pistol right above your SIG, between the XD and the 1911?

Thanks---Mike

3. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Hey Mike,

That is a Ruger P-89 9mm, I got it about 2 1/2 years ago, it is fitted with crimison trace grips.

-Kurt

4. White Hawk

White Hawk New Member

Apr 14, 2006
    Welcome to the world of Sigs! I've got a few myself, and they're the best guns I've owned yet.

5. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Grand Prairie, TX
    hey whitehawk,

Yes the Sig is my favorite so far, right out of the box is shot like a dream, I am sure after a few more trips to the range it will be my most accurate handgun. I am sure I am going to have to add several Sigs to my collection!

-Kurt

6. Rommelvon

Rommelvon New Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Goldsboro, NC
    Sweet, dad sounds like an awesome guy, gotta love keeping shooting sports alive in the family.....congrats on the new sig

7. RIPBiker13

RIPBiker13 New Member

Dec 5, 2007
    El Paso, Texas
    Congrats! I'm saving for the P229 Elite Stainless myself. Currently I own a P229R Nitron and I love it. Couldn't find an Equinox at the time.

8. RIPBiker13

RIPBiker13 New Member

Dec 5, 2007
    El Paso, Texas
    After posting I went crazy so my wife gave me the other half of the money I needed so I could buy this. I'll get it in on Monday! :D
    [​IMG]

9. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Indiana
    Good dea, RIPbiker!
    Bunnyhunter, if you see this, you should be looking for this kind of woman!

10. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Congrats RIPBiker, I an hoping you will provide a range report on it!

11. RIPBiker13

RIPBiker13 New Member

Dec 5, 2007
    El Paso, Texas
    I most certainly will! I'll set out my targets at 25yrds. If it's like the one I have now, anything closer would be a waste of ammo. :p

12. loarmistead

loarmistead New Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Davidson County, NC
    Congrats! I've been shooting revolvers for years. I've got big hands, so it was always difficult to get comfortable shooting a .357mag Taurus and a .38 Taurus Ultralite. I finally picked up a Sig P226 in .40S&W, and after shooting a semi-auto for the first time, and seeing how comfortable and smooth the weapon was to fire, I am in no hurry to shoot another revolver. You could say I'm a Sig man now.

13. RIPBiker13

RIPBiker13 New Member

Dec 5, 2007
    El Paso, Texas
    I still haven't taken the new Sig out to play with. It has been carried quite a bit and is a wonderful carry weapon, but I still haven't fired it. I'm not worried about it not working, it's a Sig, and I know I can shoot it because I have a nitron 229 also, but it still sits unfired. :(

14. noslolo

noslolo New Member

Oct 15, 2004
    Johnstown PA
    Congrats on a great gun and a great father, just don't forget to practice with what you carry!