Finally took the plunge

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by raydcarter, Jun 8, 2009.

1. raydcarter

raydcarter New Member

May 8, 2009
    Finally took the plunge - photos added

Bought the Savage MK II BTVS from CAL Ranch. $330 + tax. I surmise they may have had a few sitting around for a while - there was a 2008 catalog included in the package. Anyway, it's one sweet looking little package. I expect to try it out later in the week - provided we finally have a day when it isn't raining.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  2. Lotsdragon

Lotsdragon New Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Potosi, Mo
    PICKS!!! We need pictures!

3. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Feb 17, 2005
    South Carolina
    Congratulations on the purchase!!!! I'm a new Savage convert. I love their stuff with the Accutrigger. :D

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  4. raydcarter

raydcarter New Member

May 8, 2009
    Of course! What was I thinking - pictures!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The scope rings are, of course, tentative - that's just what I had lying around. Now to select a scope . . .

5. pawn

pawn Active Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Crossville, TN
    lookin good. enjoy your rifle :)

6. OBrien

OBrien New Member

May 6, 2009
    Bangor Maine
    Thats purdy nice rifle.

7. thomas44

thomas44 New Member

Mar 16, 2008
    I love Savage rifles, and apparently so do alot of other people. The accutrigger is really nice; and now they have the accustock.
    Enjoy your rifle, and please,,,,let me know if you ever come across a bore guide for that little bolt action. I keep looking for one for my model 25 .223.

8. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Re: Finally took the plunge - photos added

Ok I saw the pics and have to concede that you have a nice looking rifle. I wouldn't take it out in the rain either. It looks like the colors on the stock may run together :D:D:D

9. raydcarter

raydcarter New Member

May 8, 2009
    Actually got a chance yesterday. First sunny day in about a week. Went to the range and later my 'mentor' was able to come bye. I did one group of about 3/8" at 50 yards off the bench. Ron did one four shot group that was not much larger than a single hole. At this point, I'm convinced that the rifle is a lot more accurate than I am. Tried three or four different loads - didn't seem to matter a whole lot.