1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Finally won a bullseye match

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by Tony Mig, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

I've been compeating in an inter-club bullseye match. We have about two matches a month through the summer, with the big shoot-off in Sept.

I started off coming in dead last on the first couple of shoots, but I pulled it together this past weekend, and came in first place....(I got lucky)... :rolleyes: ....the other guys all had some bad luck, and that helped my cause, but a win is a win..... :D

One thing I discovered that helped my .22 rimfire shooting is PMC Pistol Match ammunition. My old Colt Targetsman really seems to like this ammo, and it's pretty consistant stuff. The other thing that helped was zeroing in the sights on my 6" GP-100 to the 148Gr. wadcutter target ammo I shoot in the centerfire stage. I had it zeroed in for 158Gr. .357 Magnums.

I'm the only guy on the line shooting a wheel gun, so that kinda makes this win special..... ;)
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Congrats Tony on the first win of a long string. :)
  3. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Congrats Tony,

Isn't it a nice feeling to walk away being #1 on that day.
  4. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Nice going Tony!! :) :)
  5. muley

muley New Member

Nice job, Tony.... :) Is this the old standard NRA 2700, three gun match? .22, centerfire and .45? I shot that from about 1963 to 1980.
    Best years of my life. I worked my way up to Master class and then the medals and trophys were few and far between. But, just getting together every weekend in some nearby host town was great....keep up the good work.
    muley