Finally!

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by JLA, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

NICE! I want one after seei'n one, if you could call it up close and personal.
    Closer than Ive seen'em before, anyways.
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

And its full length rat tail tang. the leather is sandwiched disks between the front an drear bolsters and the rear bolster is staked tot he tang and solid. Its definietly build rugged befitting of its USMC namesake.
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

And the steel. Holy crap, took me 2 hours to hone the edge. Onlt other knife i got that took me that long is my Garand bayonet. Incredibly tough steel. It should hold the edge fo a good while., prolly gut at least 3 deer before having to hit the edge with anything.
  4. RunningOnMT

RunningOnMT New Member

Congrats Josh. I've always said that for my purposes a K Bar was all I needed in a fixed blade, and I've owned several over the years that I've given to friends. In my opinion they are superior to some costing 4 times as much. Not too long ago I finally got one like that except with the 7" blade made by K Bar. Glad you finally got yours.
  5. JasonS

JasonS New Member

I just got my 7 incher yesterday, love it to death, was supposed to get my Ontario version of it today but I missed the dang mailman and have to wait till Monday!!!!!!

You can grab these on Amazon for around 45.

To my understanding the 5 inch is the shorty right, along with a slightly smaller grip, I got big hands so I worried about it.