The Firearms Forum banner

Finally :)

702 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  gdmoody 
#1 ·
Finally I seem to have found a load that my glock model 22 loves. Dont get me wrong it will fire anything I have tried to put thru it but I just tried a 4.4 load of tight group powder with a 180 grain berrys flat point and my groupings shrunk significantly. I next tried 4.3 and 4.5 which were good but the 4.4 is still the best. At this time I only have 1 pound so i will save it for my tactical league nights. I've got some winchester auto comp that I'm going to work up next and see what kind of results I can get with that.

#2 ·
Great news pbrady! Glad you hit the magic number for your pistol.

By my count you should be good for over 1500 of those puppies with that single pound of powder. That ought to last you through a few of the tactical league shoots.

It is a good powder and I think I enjoy using it most in small semi-auto cartridges like the 9 or 380.
(That way I could readily discern a double charge. It's a bit tough gauging powder levels inside a 44 mag or 500 SW. )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.