1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Fiocchi Quality?

Discussion in 'Disabled Hunters & Shooters Forum' started by GConn, Jun 9, 2011.

1. GConn

GConn Member

Can anyone tell me please, if they have personal experience with this brand, or even if they've read much about it.

I am looking at this : Ammo 9mm Fiocchi Extrema Pistol Hornady XTP Jacketed Hollow Point 124 Grain 1290 fps 50 Round Box @ $22.96 ~~~

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/59059-5.html

This would be for PD/SD (Home Protection) in a Kel Tec PF-9.

Thank you all in advance,
    g...
  2. graehaven

graehaven Well-Known Member

I've found Fiocchi in general to be fine, if not a little "hot" as far as ammo goes. Don't know about that particular round though.

Buy a box, and run it through your gun. See how it shoots.

I carry Speer Gold Dots in my PF-9. It's what most police use.
  3. Lapua Kid

Lapua Kid New Member

I shot their 22 LR . match grade ammo years ago . And also their shotgun shells . Never shot any of the centerfire pistol . But what I did shoot was as good as anyothers on the market.Cost is not a factor when it comes to ammo for home protection.
    I have a C C Permit . I purchase factory ammo because of liability reasons because I reload everything I shoot.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  4. Mark Cline

Mark Cline New Member

I have no experience with these rounds as well, but I like the advice that graehaven said. I have found that if my friends or I haven't had any experience with a certain round, then we just chip in a fire a box between ourselves to see if we like it.
  5. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

I bought a couple of boxes of 32 XTP hollow points. It was very good ammo. Fed reliably in my little pistol and had a bit of extra kick. Can't say if it expanded at that velocity or not,(should have recovered some bullets) but I bet a 9mm would expand reliably.
  6. mesinge2

mesinge2 Member

I have literally fired hundreds of these rounds, the specific ones your deciding on. I have never had a problem with them in three of my pistols (XDm 3.8" Compact, Beretta 92fs, Taurus PT-92). Its my current self-defense load for these guns. I like the cost 50 loads using Hornady bullets for the price of 20 Hornnady loads. I also use their 357 mag and 44 mag loads using the XTP bullets.
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011