Fire/Rescue/Police Tactical Folder....

Discussion in 'Knives & Edged Items' started by Tony Mig, May 10, 2004.

1. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

I'm looking for a good quality tactical folder for both every day carry, but also strong enough to use at my job...(Fire/Rescue)

I've been looking at the Al Mar SERE 2000, and also the new Buck Tarani 882 SBT Police utility knife as possible choices.

Anybody know of any other tactical folders that might meet my requirements, keeping the cost in the $100.00 ball park.....?
  2. punchie

punchie Member

3. Tony Mig

Tony Mig New Member

Thanks for the link Punchie....
    As it so happened, I was in the local gun shop just the other night picking up some match grade .22Lr, when I decided to take a quick look in their knife cabinet.
    That quick look turned into an hour of comparing Gerber's, CRKT's, Cold Steel's, Camillus, Browning's, and Kershaw's....

The Ken Orion designed Kershaw 1560ST won the contest, and followed me home. Now it goes everywhere I do.

Amoung many other reasons for choosing this Kershaw, two of the biggest are....Made in the USA, and it's the sharpest knife out of the box that I've ever the pleasure to handle.