firearm manufacture

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms & Related Items' started by Zigzag2, Feb 25, 2003.

1. Zigzag2

Zigzag2 Guest

tabberski
    (2/14/02 6:47:45 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All firearm manufacture
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    what kind of hoops/hurdles does someone have to go through is they want to build their own gun from scratch. you know one of those firearm blueprints that can be bought. is there a cost to register the firearm. any testing requirements/ maximum number that you can make/produce? I live in Minnesota. I want to be completly legal.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/14/02 7:13:18 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del

Re: firearm manufacture
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ohhhhh, I see. I answered your question in Tech thinking you were talking about a sporting firearm.

It would be illegal to manufacture an "assault weapon". Making a NFA firearm requires prior approval of and a tax payment to ATF. ATF will not approve an application for a machinegun unless you can provide documentation that the gun is being made for a federal or state agency.

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

tabberski
    (2/15/02 5:55:03 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: firearm manufacture
    Actually i'm refering to building a bolt action rifle such as a 50 cal.

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/15/02 6:38:47 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: firearm manufacture
    Well as long as your not a criminal, just contact the BATF (local office) and ask them for a description of the requirements on building and "marking" the rifle. Just a phone call away, fast and simple. I have found them very helpful in the past. Regards LTS