firearm question.

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by dbrown1997, Oct 4, 2011.

1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

That movie was my life. I am sure most on here too. I remember drooling in the wilson catalog. Do I want the crossman or the daisy? Decessions decessions.
  2. dbrown1997

dbrown1997 New Member

everyone is miss under standing me i already have a foid i'm waiting for my dad to get his he said he was going to get it the same time i did it at my local pawnshop but we didnt have enough time so my dad didnt get his app sent i did and already recived it
  3. dbrown1997

dbrown1997 New Member

people getting things all wrong.

First of all i have my foid card. Second i have shot plenty of guns at a couple of my friends house and he approves of it but he just want me to be safe.
  4. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

well then that would be a GAME Changer then! Patience GRASSHOPPER! in time all good things happen!
  5. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

So Fla-- NO place to Shoot AKA "TFF" Posting Clo
    I JUST thought of something & just RE-Read the hole thread just 2 make sure.

WHAT IF---Somewhere along his DADS live
    POPS got in trouble and CANT get a FOID card?

Maybe he Wont get one cause he CANT DBROWN
    (Something to think about)
    that could be a reason he dident get it yet!

Never know he might not want 2 tell you the "Story of his Life"
    (Which I could understand if he did have a problem with LEO in his younger years!)

IF YOU GET A GUN & GO IN HIS HOUSE
    HE GETS ARRESTED & BUT QUICK!

ANOTHER reason you need to ASK YOUR DAD!!!
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  6. dbrown1997

dbrown1997 New Member

no because about a few years ago my dad had a .22 and then his foid card expired so he gave his guns to his brother and he just never got his foid yet
  7. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I would just like to interject at this point.

Do you actually sit down and talk to yer Dad?

I mean no offense cuz I don't know you or your situtaion. Please try to understand where I'm coming from.

Your Father raised you. He's spent his entire life looking after you and doing what he felt was in your best interest. And as articulate you are (for your age), it seems he's done a fair job.

You on the other hand, have raging hormones wanting to create an abyss between you and him. Again, no harm meant. You are at the age that most young men want to distance themselves from their parents. You want to be independant, and it's completely natural. It's the way things work.

I ain't no shrink, nor do I play one on TV. BUT...
    I can tell you that your Father knows what's coming around the bend. You will soon be gone (in his eyes). He has no intention of hurrying up that process. He loves you and he would love to have you around for a little longer.

Try to see it from his eyes. If you should ever have children, you'll look back and understand.

The only time I ever heard my Dad say 'I love you', was on his death bed. I still wish he was here. Why?

Cuz I never really got to talk to him. He bad - my bad. We both lost.:(

Put the guns aside. When you get up for school tomorrow, give him a hug before you leave. When's the last time you did that?

Ok... Off the soapbox and on to paying bills.:bleh:
  8. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Yep, I got it, and still makes me laugh!:D

And what would my arsenal be without it!

Attached Files:

9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

But if thats the case mac, and there are certain restrictions keeping somebody from getting a foid in illinois, wouldnt one of the restrictions be against minors having one?

Here in TX all you have to be is 18 for a long gun or shotgun and 21 for a handgun and have a felony free criminal record.

Im not real keen in illinois law as I would die before moving to such states, but I would think if they restrict getting a FOID pending a criminal background then they woulnd tissue one to a 14 year old kid either...
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Hey i got one of those somewheres.. :) Shot lots of neaighborhood windows out with it and enugh squirrel and birds to feed all the neighborhood dogs and cats.
  11. Capt Mac Turk

Capt Mac Turk New Member

So Fla-- NO place to Shoot AKA "TFF" Posting Clo
    I'm NOT sure either JLA but I was think'in & that kinda poped into my mind
    (And it woulda made sence then why he was "Putting it off")
    Thats the only reason I said it.
    I dont know if they check Kids against Adults But I would think they would.

Im with allot of others on this one tho a Better Relation with his Dad might be the key
    I had a pretty good one with mine BUT we had our moments!
    My Mom died when I was 11 so I was with him 24/7 ALLOT
    He rode my Azz as a kid but it was the "Tuff love" he just wanted me 2 be a good kid. (HATED it THEN---RESPECT it NOW) its how I raised mine LOL & NEVER expected another one @ age 43 BUT She keeps me Going!
    Shes Respectfull to others do'es good in school, even Volenteers in picking up the crap on our beachs & with me when I play Santa @ our local Boys & Girls club (I admit I have more fun then the KIDS doing that):D
    But when your 14 Dayum its a TUFF time Im Realy Impressed how many
    People have tryed to give the young man GOOD Info tho!
    And you know as I know when he started this thread he was talking about an AK for his First Weapon. NO WAY !!!
    Had I asked my Pops 4 an Assualt weapon as a Kid I think I woulda heard a Mouth full!
    BUT None of us know Him, his Dad, there Relationship Ect.....

His DAD is looking out for HIS better Interests Like you do Yours, & I do mine.

FUZE I have one of those tooo But mine Dont have it imbossed in the Stock
    Very Nice BUD
    Sorry about the Rant
    Mac
  12. joncutt87

joncutt87 Active Member

your ryder looks better than mine, I killed so many birds with that when I was a kid
  13. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

OK, I am really dumb it seems..you have to have this "foid" :eek:thingie to own a firearm? and it has to be renewed?:mad::mad: Please someone shoot me if I ever try to move there!!:bleh:

One of my sons married a Canadian, very nice gal, he moved there cause she had a good job and he did'nt. He had to leave his shotgun and rifle with us. he still hasnt met the requirments to own even the .22 rifle there. he loves to hunt and misses being able to do so.

that really has to SUCK big time!!
  14. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member

dbrown look at my post in your other thread.

Whats going on?

Does your dad know you are on TFF?
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  15. dbrown1997

dbrown1997 New Member

yeah he does and what i ment is that when a got my foid my dad was going to expire soon so he was going to get his renewed but i got mine in time.